To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Worcester, MA 01605
- Bobbie Roy
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Primetals Technologies USA LLC • Worcester, MA
Posted 27 days ago
Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing, project management and service is hiring for the following position:
Project Manager - Erector
Performs on-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of a complex nature.
• Performs complex site surveys to develop base and/or installation design plans.
• Performs training of customers to maintain and adjust complex equipment.
• Completes and submits reports covering all job activity.
• Performs in maintaining complex tools, test equipment, calibration items, etc. Complete the planning and estimating of labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, transportation expenses and per diem rates to complete complex proposals.
• Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout task duration.
• Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field.
• Refers complex, unusual problems to Site Unit Manager/ Site Manager.
• Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• Ensure the preconditions for the execution of installation are fulfilled.
• Review the details planning prepared by the installation company.
• Checks the packing notes for conformity with the bills of materials and notifies the Managers of nonconformity
• Is present during checking of the contents of packages, establishes nonconformity and/or damage and notifies Managers of nonconformity and/or damage.
• Supervises and controls the execution of installation in terms of quantity and quality.
• Performs preliminary inspections jointly with the installation company
• Arranges for the execution of joint inspections with the customer via Site Manager.
• Reports to the Site Manager/Project Manager
Required Knowledge/skills, Education and Experience:
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience (10 years).
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Travel up to 90% of the time is required. Typically three months on site followed by two weeks site leave
• Must be able to read engineering drawings, work with Optical instruments
• Microsoft Product knowledge, all office products, CAD
• Proven ability to work with customers
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. Primetals offers competitive pay and benefits effective on your first day of employment, including health, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance and paid time off.