If interested, please send resume to Andie at Email blocked - click to apply.
Systems Engineer (w/ cloud and powershell exp)
Analyze, design, develop, and implement Enterprise Information Technology solutions to support the IT Service goals of the organization. Analyze technical products and systems; design and recommend sound solutions based on industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Use Critical Success Factors to design the solutions and Key Performance Indicators to evaluate the solution. Participate and collaborate with internal and external IT groups for design, implementation and Peer review.
Responsible for development, design, implementation, and analysis of technical products, systems, and services for an Enterprise class IT Infrastructure. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within one or more of the following Engineering specialties: Enterprise-class Computing operating systems and hardware, Enterprise Storage systems, Data Protection and Backup, Virtualization, Internet Technologies, Messaging, Management Systems, and basic security principles.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Analyze, design, specify, assemble, configure, test, and administer in three or more of the these specialty areas: Virtualization and/or Converged Infrastructure or Hybrid Cloud including Microsoft Azure or similar.
- Provide day to day support relying on experience, industry best practices and good judgment.
- Resolve complex issues and record status via ticketing system application.
- Evaluate, test and recommend software, hardware and diagnostic tools (R&D).
- Perform cost benefit analysis on proposed technological systems.
- Document systems and procedures.
- Ensure systems modified or introduced into the Production environment are monitored via enterprise NMS.
- Develop standards in the technologies, practices and methodologies utilized within the organization.
- Design, implement and deploy enterprise level compute hardware and software solutions.
- Recommend and facilitate IT solutions that add value to the organization.
- Keep abreast of the emerging technologies that benefit the ministry and organization.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for any staff and/or clients as necessary.
- Perform consultative role as Platform leader for Subject Area Expertise and lead technical teams on new implementations, technology redesign and issue resolution efforts.
- Participate in and conduct business analysis for various IT projects, as assigned or determined.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’s):
- B.S. Engineering or related technical degree, or 6-10 years’ experience preferred
- Required Certifications for Computing Platform: MCSE 2012/2016, VCP
- Demonstrated experience in Windows 2008/2012/2016, Office 365 and Azure and experience in the design, deployment & migration in large & complex production environments.
- Knowledge and experience with Cross forest trusts, FSMO roles, GPO structures, multiple site configurations
- Knowledge and experience with VMware virtualization design and operations.
- Ability to create and analyze scripted integrations a plus (Python, Windows).
- Client centric and able to work in a variety of environments; Must be able to manage customer relationships
- Demonstrated expert level troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Proven communication & organizational skills; Must have ability to communicate at all levels within the organization both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and developing technologies and ability to analyze technology for use in current environment
- Must be able to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Project Management experience a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178