To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2983 Jamacha Rd. El Cajon CA. 1220
El Cajon, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Full Time Assistant Store Manager- 2983 Jamacha Rd. El Cajon CA. 1220
*Tuesday Morning* • El Cajon, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the Store Manager’s direction, the Assistant Store Manager will manage the daily operations of the store and ensure the execution of company policies, procedures and programs to achieve store sales and profit goals while minimizing shrink, payroll and controllable expenses. This position can be full time or part time dependent on the volume and needs of the store.
Sales – Maximizes sales results by completing the following:
• Support the Store Manager in driving sales by creating a sales generating environment through the implementation of all corporate sales directives.
• Assist with the control of expenses including comp sales, gross profit, markdowns, shrink, damages, supplies and payroll.
• Work with the Store Manager to meet or exceed planned gross margin through inventory management from purchases to sales and promotional events, price changes, and clearance activities.
• Ensure associates provide excellent customer service at all times.
• Oversee the recovery process to ensure that Company standards are met throughout the store.
• In the absence of the Store Manager, address customer complaints/concerns in an urgent and friendly manner.
• Support the Store Manager in training of associates on the Company’s customer service philosophy and upcoming/current advertising.
Merchandising and Presentation
• In the absence of the Store Manager, supervise and direct associates in inspecting the sales floor for seasonality, quality and quantity of merchandise, signage, and presentation to ensure all company directives are met.
• In the absence of the Store Manager, supervise and direct associates in developing a total store look through Company merchandising programs, ensuring the store has a WOW factor
• In the absence of the Store Manager, supervise and direct associates in maintaining the front sidewalk, entrance displays and entire store to Company standards daily.
• Support the Store Manager in timely execution of merchandise presentation programs including Green Card, E-mails and Seasonal displays.
Staffing and Training
• Assist Store Manager in the development of knowledgeable store teams to drive sales, customer service, and to maintain proper store condition.
• Assist Store Manager to maintain appropriate staffing levels through effective interviewing and hiring decisions.
• Support Store Manager’s efforts to ensure proper orientation and cross training of new associates to enable consistent execution of Company processes.
• Must understand and communicate details of the Manager on Duty Program.
• Make recommendations regarding associate development through performance management and goal setting throughout the year as well as on an annual basis.
• Evaluate associate performance and issue appropriate discipline, as directed by the Store Manager.
Leadership and Communication – Builds effective teams by utilizing the following:
• Effectively communicate and interpret store policies, procedures, programs, and objectives to store associates.
• Ensure Company policies and procedures are adhered to and enforced equitably and consistently.
• Foster a work environment in which associates are encouraged to communicate creative and innovative ideas.
• Encourage associates to communicate any concerns to their supervisor, or to use the Open Door Policy.
• Coach to improvement, and encourage giving and receiving constructive of feedback.
Loss Prevention and Safety
• Work with Store Manager to oversee accuracy of recordkeeping, to include cash handling, sales and refund receipts, and returns.
• Assist in ensuring adherence to Company directed loss prevention programs including cash control, key control, security systems, refund and void procedures and other loss prevention programs.
• In Store Manager’s absence, verify accuracy of receiving documents; ensure transfers, and vendor returns are completed in a timely manner and credited to the store correctly.
• Maintain a safe working and shopping environment for both associates and customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• 2-3 years of recent retail and supervisory experience required. Must understand and be able to execute concepts related to accounting principles, inventory management, merchandising, and management of human resources.
• Excellent communication skills required for effective interaction with customers and associates
• Ability to lead, make decisions, explain procedures, convey information, analyze numbers, resolve problems or conflict, demonstrate reasoning, adaptability, conceptualizing, attention to detail, time management, organization and computer skills
• Must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills in order to resolve any associate or customer complaints or issues in a manner that promotes a positive work environment and service standards in accordance with Company philosophy.
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing less than 5 pounds. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasional pushing and pulling of carts and product weighing 50 to 250 pounds.
• Frequent reaching and grasping at various levels and directions in order to move/stack boxes of product and stock product on display racks.
• Continuous standing; frequent walking, climbing, crawling, stooping, bending and twisting; and occasional kneeling needed in order to stock product(s) on display racks
• Frequent reading of written documents and product labels. May need to distinguish colors when stocking and assisting customers.
• Continuous need to hear in order to respond to and interact with management, associates, and customers. Will need to hear requests in person, and via intercom and telephone.
• Continuous verbal communication with management, associates and customers in person, and via intercom and telephone.
• Occasional use of hand tools such as screwdriver, hammer, scissors, box knife, pricing guns, etc., used to assemble/disassemble/unpack/prepare products, shelves, displays, etc.
• Occasional driving of personal vehicle to bank, meetings, and other stores for business purposes. A valid drivers license is required.