To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA 92131
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Branch Facility Projects - Construction
Navy Federal Credit Union • San Diego, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To manage Branch Office Facility Management operations in one of the functional areas within Branch Operations Facility
Management (Acquisition & Real Estate Management, Design, Construction, or Maintenance & Operations). To oversee
and execute full lifecycle project management for large scale, multi-dimensional branch office and ATM initiatives.
1. Manages the planning, coordination, and execution of branch facility projects.
• Works closely with business units to determine project requirements for design, acquisition, construction, or maintenance of branch facility projects
• Establishes short and long-term goals and priorities based upon Navy Federal’s business needs, annual financial and long range plans
• Develops plans for branch facility acquisition, design, construction, operations, maintenance, and disposition of building systems, equipment, grounds, and all other interior and exterior elements
• Determines the annual financial plan budget requirements for branch facility projects and manages the plan as approved by the Board of Directors
• Formulates, analyzes, and modifies policies, procedures and methods to ensure continuous operations and improve efficiency and quality
2. Manages detailed site and construction plan development needed for site acquisition.
• Manages feasibility studies, detailed site plan and construction drawing development and/or permitting/entitlements efforts in support of branch projects
• Develops specifications for requests for proposals, bids, and cost budgets; manages the selection process for contractors, engineers, architects, and consultants
• Analyzes and oversees bid packages focusing on cost, quality, availability and timeliness factors
• Oversees the administration of contracts and AIA documents for branch facilities; recommends contract amendments and renewals
• Develops and controls preventative, and emergency maintenance programs for branch facilities
• Consults with Branch Operations onsite management teams; serves as primary point of contact for facility project problems affecting the daily operation of branch offices and remote ATMs
3. Provides strategic direction and guidance on the acquisition, design, engineering, operation, and maintenance of branch facilities.
• Oversees the design, construction, and repair work for accuracy, quality of workmanship and adherence to established plans, budgets, time schedules, codes, related laws and regulations
• Ensure compliance with regulatory and Navy Federal requirements and standards regarding branch facility initiatives
• Ensures the maintenance of as-built drawings, project information, contracts, facility asset inventories and records
• Evaluates and resolves design, construction, and environmental requirements/issues; provides guidance and direction on those standards to architects, contractors, governmental agencies consultants, engineers, and Branch Operations
• Implements policies and procedures for response and restoration of branch facilities during times of emergency
4. Reviews and approves the development and implementation of facility management best practices.
• Prepares and presents reports containing recommendations on policy formulations and implementation according to Navy Federal’s business needs and current industry climate regarding branch facilities
• Monitors industry trends, best practices, technologies, and research for possible applications within Navy Federal branch facilities
• Assists Branch Operations Executive Management team in site selection
5. Performs managerial duties.
• Develops strategic plans and priorities for the branch; ensures short and long term project goals are met
• Selects employees; sets priorities and expectations, coaches and counsels employees; prepares and conducts performance appraisals; oversees personal and professional development of staff; oversees training to maintain a high level of expertise among the staff
• Oversees project leads on new development and revisions to existing projects; verifies adherence to operational requirements, policies, procedures, and guidelines
• Ensures resources and projects are aligned and if required can adapt to changes in business needs and initiatives
• Directs work, analyzes productivity and results, and resolves complex problems requiring management decisions
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated experience in leading project planning, management, and presentation preferably in real estate, commercial construction, facility management, and/or interior design related areas
• Experience in progressively responsible positions which reflects the ability to exercise sound judgment; display a high degree of initiative; and manage multiple priorities effectively
• Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise which involves directing/facilitating the work of others to include internal and external team members (contractors, architects, engineers, designers, consultants, etc.)
• Skill in using and interpreting ADA, building codes, regulations, specifications/architectural
• drawings, etc.
• Proficiency in analyzing, problem solving, strategic planning and organizing project related activities
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills including presentation skills and skill in coordinating/scheduling, work, and explain procedures and policies
• Proficiency in planning, budgeting and estimating, contract administration, project inspection, project scheduling, and bid review
• Skill in dealing tactfully and diplomatically with all levels of workforce and management, as well as DOD and civilian personnel
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, to execute appropriate project management functions and to document, track and report project status for the management team
• Knowledge of financial institution operations
• Working knowledge of computer applications to include word processing, database, spreadsheet, and computer aided drafting (CAD) system, and Microsoft Project or similar project management software tools
• College degree or formal training concentrating on real estate, construction, architecture, interior design, facility management or engineering.
• Certification or designation in facility/project/construction management or interior design (CFM, FMA, FMP, RPA, PMP, CID, CPM, CCIM).
• Knowledge of Navy Federal operations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability