Lockton is a global professional services firm with more than 8,000 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Check out the latest insights from Lockton's experts.
A Few Reasons Associates Love Working At Lockton Include
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development.
- 12-week paid parental leave.
- An emphasis on community involvement and giving back.
- Frequent athletic and wellness events.
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10-year anniversary!
- We are uncommonly and perpetually independent.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration and the relationship with current record keepers/trustees.
- Evaluates operational workflows to increase efficiencies and process improvements.
- Streamlines recordkeeping processes for management and administration of all defined contribution and nonqualified deferred compensation plans. Ensures compliance with laws as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Oversees the internal and external resources required to make changes to the retirement plans such as the setup amendments, merger, restatement or termination.
- Initiates process and prepares reporting for annual valuations, nondiscrimination testing, internal and external audits, Form 5500s, annual funding notices, special filings and summary annual reports to internal departments and outside vendors.
- Provides input and recommendations for the Investment Advisory Committee regarding suggested plan improvement and legal compliance.
- Responsible for reviewing loan monitor reports and updating participant loans as needed or requesting reamortization from the record keeper.
- Reviews Summary Plan Descriptions as they are updated for accuracy and ensure the language matches actual plan practice.
- Manages the preparation of communications with internal and external contacts.
- Assists Field Human Resources Managers and Associates in formulating responses to participants’ questions, in problem resolution and in plan interpretation.
- Processes contributions, determine eligibility, load election and loans and other retirement related data updates.
- Review and/or process frequent 401(k) payroll contribution funding at recordkeeper.
- Responsible for reporting of plan metrics, determining trends, and recommending plan changes.
- Works closely with Payroll and HRIS department relating to 401(k) deductions and nonqualified plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Two years employee benefits experience with emphasis on recordkeeping, compliance, trust services, etc. preferred.
- Must possess mathematical/technical expertise in managing and reporting monthly statistics, tracking results and observations.
- Ability to manipulate large spreadsheets, census data, benchmarking data, etc.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office software.
- Strong working knowledge of Federal and State legislation, legal issues related to the retirement industry, knowledge of differing financial arrangements and products available to clients (i.e. retirement plan products).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Workday experience is a plus.
- Legal right to work in the United States
Lockton Companies LLC is proud to provide everyone an equal opportunity to grow and advance. We strive to cultivate an environment that learns from, celebrates, and thrives because of our breadth of differences. We are committed to fostering a culture where every member of the Lockton family feels valued and accepted as they are and safe to bring their authentic selves to work every single day. At the end of the day, our mission is to ensure that our family can be anyone’s family.
- Business Process Improvement
- Human Resources