2022 Nestlé Sales Development Program
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where teamwork is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Here at Nestlé USA, you are empowered to become a student of the business and deliver the best to our consumers. We’re inviting forward-thinking and courageous future leaders to embrace an entrepreneurial approach and start their journey of growth!
If you're a current undergraduate student eager to make an impact on an enormous scale, take strides into greatness by joining Nestlé USA.
What to expect:
The Nestlé Sales Development Program is crafted to accelerate the promotion of sales professionals and is the ideal fast track for students eager to pursue a sales management career.
The accelerated program provides immense opportunities to learn Nestlé’s brands, categories, and channels of business. Throughout the rotational program, participants manage an independent sales territory, drive business results by motivating a team, and perform data analysis to provide measurable insights to the category and account teams. Graduates utilize their knowledge and experiences to propel their career forward as they explore multiple careers paths across the sales organization.
First week at Nestlé USA
Week one starts with participation in on-boarding with team members and peers from other Leadership Programs across the organization. You will develop foundational business knowledge before heading into the field for role-specific training.
Rotation 1: Field Sales Representative – 9 month rotation
You will be responsible for a sales territory and empowered to make business decisions to drive results. Your focus will be executing as an individual contributor by implementing data-driven sales techniques and 4P Excellence to make significant contributions to your territory, directly impacting the entire organization.
Rotation 2: Field Sales Manager – 12 month rotation
The second rotation requires relocation and a role change to Field Sales Manager. In this rotation, you will navigate aspects of day-to-day sales, operations, scheduling, training, and performance management for a team of 4-5 Field Sales Representatives. You will enable results through others to achieve team goals as you develop people leadership and management skills.
Rotation 3: Sales Analyst Development – 6 month rotation
In the final rotation, you will receive instruction and hands-on learning from high-performing Analysts. You will run reports and translate the information into measurable plans to drive business strategy. You will compile data to support category (beverage, baking, global foods) and customer (Target, Walmart, Ahold-Delhaize, Kroger) strategy development.
At the completion of the third rotation, you will pursue a career within the Nestlé Sales Organization. These highly sought after positions are comprehensive, interactive and strategically positioned within the Sales Organization and you may capitalize on your previous experience to excel in your new role.
Where you Work:
The opportunity is based in locations across the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree conferred by June 2022
- Majors in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Sales Management, Data or Business Analytics, Agricultural Business
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
Professional & Leadership Requirements:
- Previous Sales Co-Op/Internship or other practical experience in a CPG industry preferred
- Valid Driver’s license required; if offered a position, driving record must meet company Motor Vehicle Policy
- Leadership in an extra-curricular activity or organization
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Able to bend, lift, open and move product weighing up to 30 pounds up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to relocate one or two times during the duration of the program
- Travel required
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess excellent analytical skills and ability to utilize basic Excel functions
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to design comprehensive presentations in PowerPoint
- Willingness to embrace change and learn quickly in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Comfortable working in independent and team settings
- A company vehicle (fuel, insurance, and maintenance are all paid for by the company)
- Participation in a formal mentorship program
- Dedicated support from Nestlé managers and team members across Learning & Organizational Development and Recruiting
- Opportunity to network with various divisions and employees across the company
- Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods (Fortune Magazine)
- Volunteer in a community service opportunity with one of Nestlé’s Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.