Salem Surround Washington DC is looking for a digital-savvy, highly-motivated sales professional to join our advertising team. This position will help to sell our multi-media marketing solutions, including audio, digital & events sales, to local small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
We pride ourselves on simplifying the marketing process for our customers while helping advertisers track the impact of their campaigns and understand their advertising options. In short, we help our customers grow their business.
This position requires a heavy amount of prospecting and lead development with SMBs. To help you along the way, we provide best-in-class prospecting tools for our Media Strategists.
You may be our Ideal Candidate if…
- You enjoy the thrill of the hunt by bringing in new business
- You’re confident and not willing to accept average
- You are self-motivated and results-oriented
- You have a track record of exceeding sales goals
- You have an outgoing, resilient personality
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
The best candidate will have:
- A College degree
- 1-2 years of sales experience, preferred
- Great problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong business acumen
- Effective listening skills
- Proficiency in prospecting
- Strong understanding of the local market, marketing concepts, and digital media
- Ability to plan, communicate with, and maintain/develop customer relationships
- The discipline and creativity to work with diverse prospects and customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & goal-oriented environment
- Knowledgeable of Digital products & applications such as:
- Search Engine Marketing
- Audience and Search Retargeting
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Management and Marketing
- Digital Display
- Website Development
- Email Marketing
- Ability to develop a strategic sales plan
- Ability to deliver compelling advertising presentations that address client objectives
- Ability to effectively overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended solutions
We offer a competitive pay structure based on experience and a complete benefits package, including paid holidays and vacation.
Come see how Salem is DIFFERENT and why we’ve been certified as a “Great Place to Work” and as a “Best and Brightest” equal opportunity employer.
- Active Listening
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Relationship Management
- Digital Media