To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1900 Ballington Boulevard Northwest
Rochester, MN 55901
- Volunteers of America
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Volunteers of America National Services • Rochester, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Looking for a meaningful job or career?
If you are talented in the areas of Scheduling and Maintaining a Fully Staffed community, then this career opportunity may be Perfect for you!
Volunteers of America is seeking a Staffing Manager to join our team at our Homestead of Rochester Community and Rochester Rehab Living Center!
OBJECTIVE: The Staffing Manager is responsible to ensure the facility is adequately staffed within budgeted hours.
1. Develop, maintain and update daily schedules a week in advance, as well as the master schedule at least one month in advance for all staff.
2. Assist the Payroll Clerk in making daily corrections after reconciling the master schedule with the daily schedules, time clock punches, and absence reports; assist the Payroll Clerk in ensuring paychecks are accurate (PTO, Bonuses, etc.).
3. Maintain facility hours on the prior day's daily schedule to assist with PPD tracking.
4. Communicate the weekly census to Corporate on a weekly basis (average census and case mix for the week, and the total agency hours for the week).
5. Ability to hold employees accountable to policies.
6. Develop and maintain a good rapport with staff and agency staff or run float team to ensure their willingness to be flexible and to pick up hours when needed.
7. Interview and follow the hiring process for potential employees.
8. Assist the Executive Director in meeting the staffing budget goals by acting as a communications liaison, reconciling agency staff bills against daily schedules, and by tracking agency hour usage.
9. In conjunction with the Human Resources Manager or designee, ensures that agency staff have all the legal requirements prior to assigning them duty in the facility. All licensure is correct and not expired.
10. Communicate all employee changes of status to the H.R. Administrator and the Business Office.
11. Track attendance occurrences in accordance with the attendance policy; write up corrective actions as needed for all staff.
12. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager or designee.
1. Strong computer system skills.
2. Proven ability to multi-task and complete assigned projects by the deadline.
3. Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of customer service.
5. High degree of professionalism; able to deal with confidential information.
6. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
7. Must be a team player.
8. Must be a high school graduate or possess equivalent education.
9. Knowledge and/or experience in a human resources role.
10. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.