To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
41 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Loan Closing Specialist
Huntington National Bank • Columbus, OH
Posted 17 days ago
- Directly responsible for the integrity of the loan closing process, completing due diligence, reviewing loan documentation, closing loans within compliance, complete loan booking, and closing files for assigned customers and loans.
- Manages the closing portfolio for Healthcare Banking segment, which may include Agented and Part Bought Transactions.
- Responsible for delivering an outstanding experience to our business partners, while carrying out sound risk management practices, within a dynamic business development environment.
- Serves as a liaison with internal and external parties including operations, risk, and compliance, in-house and outside counsel.
- This position requires the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Provides support to other specialty segments such as asset based lending and corporate banking.
- Responsible for initiating and driving the loan closing process, coordinating the activities, decisions, and communications amongst the deal team along with internal counsel, outside counsel, and third parties.
- Responsible for the integrity of loan closings, due diligence, documentation, compliance, loan booking, and closing files for Healthcare customers and loans. Including: review and sign closing documents, ensure the loan structure and terms conform to credit approval and bank policies, and requirements to close are in place, identify and appropriately mitigate exceptions.
- Acts as a control point ensuring adherence to bank policies and procedures and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Follows, or in some cases establishes, as required, effective controls and processes to ensure risks are measured, monitored and controlled and compliance requirements are adhered to on an on-going basis.
- Working with custom, complex terms that may involve acquisition, bonds, syndication, tax credits, credit derivatives, etc.
- Responsible for proactive identification of potential risks and adverse situations that may impact the bank's interest -- at loan and portfolio level, including other business segments as assigned. Communicates and/or escalates risks, pursues corrective action and drives solutions
- Orders and reviews due diligence such as collateral placement, flood determinations, insurance and other pre-closing items, and coordinates review with respective banker, outside counsel, and other 3rd parties as needed. And Prepares closing statements, ensuring all fees are collected (e.g. appraisal fees, commitment fees and other closing fees). Prepares forms necessary to book loan on system of record.
- Responsible for clearing any outstanding post-closing items and collateral exceptions, and ensures accuracy of loan and customer information on system of record; works with Commercial Loan Servicing to resolve errors. Manages closing checklist, certifications, and closing files according to Business Segment standards.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with the deal team and other business partners, and third parties such as outside counsel.
Traits and Characteristics:
- Demonstrates confidence, assertiveness, professionalism, and ability to interact with all levels within the organization in a professional manner
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and other internet resources
- Excellence in customer service, highly motivated, focused and goal oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, planning and follow-up
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks without compromising quality
- Strong understanding of Commercial Loan Documentation and collateral perfection.
- Minimum Experience: 3 years Healthcare Banking industry experience with strong understanding of commercial loan documentation and collateral perfection.
- Education or Equivalent: Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration or Finance degree preferred