At UNFI, our Associates thrive because they're doing what they love for a company that cares about them. Our goal is to provide continual learning and development opportunities to keep you happy and satisfied.
UNFI is seeking motivated individuals to fill our Driver opportunities.
If you enjoy working in an environment of transparency and respect and are seeking an opportunity to become a part of a team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today! Job Overview:
Our Truck Drivers are responsible for delivering merchandise to customers, loading and unloading the truck in a safe and timely manner, and picking up supplies and back-hauls from vendors.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Performs pre and post trip inspections of vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy. Checks orders for correct number of boxes, correct addresses, and support documentation.
- Completes time cards, enters trip data into on-board computer and completes paper logs if necessary. Complies with FMCSA regulations.
- Delivers and unloads products utilizing equipment including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars and other devices which assist delivery. Verifies piece count, leaves the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures and store stamps (when applicable) on delivery documents.
- Operates vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public.
- Reports any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department.
- Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Reports any defects promptly using DCVR form.
- Picks up supplies and back hauls from vendors. Completes related paperwork.
- Addresses and resolves customer problems as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Drivers License, Class A.
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) laws and mandates.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.