The position will assume responsibility for leadership and management of all financial strategy and functions for the Hawaii Region of Kaiser Foundation Health Plans and Hospitals (KFH/HP). In addition, the position manages several key support functions for the Region. This position has primary accountability for:
Serving as a key advisor to the Office of the President and ensuring that the region and leadership develop appropriate standards to meet and monitor performance against strategic and tactical goals.
Create standards and processes which balance financial management with long-term strategy
Driving the development of financial strategies and systems, and a new culture of accountability that promote short term growth and financial stability to ensure the long-term financial viability of the Region.
Overseeing all aspects of the region-s financial management infrastructure including the development of information and analysis on financial, utilization and membership data and patient financial accounting information.
Accountable for ensuring that all areas of finance that are under review or governed by federal and regulatory oversight are fully compliant, therefore ensuring the effectiveness of all regulatory compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) programs are implemented and refreshed.
Ensuring the Region's Finance leadership team is operating at the highest levels of performance, and to support a business culture of accountability.
Building and maintaining a responsive, motivated, and high-quality finance, strategic performance assessment and contracting staff through talent development strategies that support Hawaii-s people strategy.
Partnering with regional leadership to ensure finance and planning capabilities will enable the organization's near-term performance and support its overarching long-term business strategy to meet and achieve goals.
Strengthening and developing relationships with the Hawaii Permanente Medical Group (HPMG) and providing key financial and planning support when appropriate.
Working and collaborating with the SVP Financial Planning to develop a superior finance team through talent development strategies as well as ensure the region processes and performance are aligned and balanced with the Program objectives.
Providing local leadership and support to the Regional Information Officer
This position consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Company's Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to the applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensing requirements (if applicable), and Company's policies and procedures.
- Operate as a key member of the Regional Senior Leadership Team, leading the dialogue and decision processes associated with financial management, business and capital planning, budgeting, and rate setting to support the business and capital planning. Contribute to the overall leadership of the Region, in partnership with HPMG. Serve as a key participant in Program financial leadership. Contribute to the overall financial leadership of the Program through participation with various program-wide groups. Support program-wide initiatives, such as affordability, strategic and business planning, which will further enhance the financial infrastructure of the program. Be a thought partner for the Regional President to drive organizational performance
- Build focus on analytics to enable the Region to identify new revenue sources as well as continuous improvement opportunities. Ensure that current reporting systems and oversight processes monitor and identify relevant performance issues in a timely manner. This includes both financial and key operating (e.g., hospital utilization) reporting systems and metrics that update the region-s operating plan
- Partner with operations and regional departments to develop short- and long-term financial and operational plans, as well as appropriate metrics required to strengthen the performance of the organization.
- Continue supporting existing intra-entity, multi-disciplinary initiatives as well as shape and launch new initiatives that will position Company to improve performance.
- Support a robust regional strategic and business planning process that incorporates rate setting, budgeting capital planning and financial planning that provides the region's strategic goals.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience leading major financial activities of a multi-faceted health plan, health care delivery system and/or multi-service provider setting, including but not limited to financial planning and analysis, operational performance management, and capital management is required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Business, Economics, Statistics, Accounting or related field
License, Certification, Registration
- Successful experience managing a broad range of financial and organizational issues, such as organizational redesign, improving internal controls, revenue cycle management, financial turnaround, creating a performance-oriented organization, and change management.
- Demonstrated expertise as a strategic and financial leader, including but not limited to:In-depth understanding of the healthcare delivery and operations. Outstanding financial technical skills. Excellent problem-solving skills. Proven capability to motivate change and galvanize action through synthesis and interpretation of financial and operational data. Prior experience in driving performance through successful execution of improvement initiatives. Proven ability to balance execution of the strategic vision through leadership and delegation, with a willingness and competence to dive into the details, as required.
- Previous leadership in the development and implementation of automation strategies and analytic tools for financial transaction and decision support systems.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including but not limited to: High level of emotional intelligence (emotional awareness and empathy). Developing dynamic, constructive working relationships and partnerships with operational and physician partners
Willingness to challenge the status quo. Excellent interpersonal skills (negotiation, listening and communication skills) characterized by effective interactions with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, stakeholders and audiences. Ability to effectively work in a matrixed environment and drive accountability. Demonstrated political savvy to operate in politically complex situations and remain effective. Decisiveness, action-orientation, personal integrity, capability to persevere in difficult and ambiguous situations, and a focus on strategic leadership issues highly desired.
- Models open, collaborative leadership style that promotes teamwork and partnership while achieving desired results.
- Masters' degree and/or CPA highly desired.
- Decisiveness, action-orientation, personal integrity, capability to persevere in difficult and ambiguous situations, and a focus on strategic leadership issues highly desired.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)