With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services is a division of CBIZ, Inc., providing benefits consulting, HRIS technology, payroll, human capital management, property and casualty, talent and compensation solutions, and retirement plan services to organizations of all sizes. By offering this range of services, we are able to help clients eliminate the inefficiencies associated with the use of multiple vendors. Ranked as a Top 20 Largest Broker of U.S. Business (Business Insurance Magazine) and a Top 100 Retirement Plan Adviser (PLANADVISER), we have approximately 1,500 professionals in 75 offices nationwide. Clients in a wide array of industries rely on us for national-caliber expertise and technical depth combined with high personalized, local service.
Our Property & Casualty business unit within our Benefits and Insurance division is seeking the right business and technology pacesetter, with demonstrated success in leading organizations into high growth functions. The right candidate needs to be a highly organized, influential, strategic operations leader. A successful candidate will bring a diverse skill set that spans business process optimization (through effective design and improvement), data analytics, and program management. The brokerage industry encompasses a fast-paced environment and the primary focus in this position is on the transformation of our service center into a sales machine. If you strive to be a ‘cutting-edge,’ change management leader that utilizes technology, lean processes, experienced and outsourced talent to change the way business is done, This is the opportunity for you to impact a dynamic environment. In this position you will connect the dots to better equip others in their work and provide additional business support cross functionally.
This position is responsible for part of our insurance brokerage for personal lines, small commercial, and middle market commercial business in our Property and Casualty division. If you are a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, attention to detail and proven analytical abilities, this is the position for you! The successful candidate will take a positive, influential and motivational approach to working across all levels, from individual contributors to Presidents in supporting various business functions achieve their goals.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- 10+ years of work experience on technology based transformation projects
- Significant Prior business operations, management consulting or technology consulting experience
- Experience with process optimization and process re-design
- Experience in change management, including organizational and cultural transformation, A track record of consistently delivering excellent results, even in the face of changing environment. Regarded as a strong performer, strong attention to detail and solid leadership skills
- The primary worksite is located in Western Maryland but relocation is not necessary
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Over 8 years’ experience in area of expertise with increasing complexity
- At least 6 years’ experience managing and leading staff
- Must have an experienced sales/service background
- Must maintain current required licenses and certifications relevant to field of expertise
- Demonstrated industry experience; product knowledge, proposal process, underwriting, regulatory trends and presentations skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Expert knowledge of state and federal legislation and regulations impacting discipline
- Expertise in managing clients
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
Benchmarking (Project Management)
Business Process Improvement
Six Sigma Methodology