To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Florence, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company) • Florence, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Facility: CENTRAL ARIZONA CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: 15.00 - 16.65 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): 0.00
Equal Opportunity Employer.
A world of opportunities awaits you!
Security Officers (Correctional Officers) seeking a career opportunity, isn’t it time to find the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are a leader in our industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive benefits, and a diversified range of employment. With us, there’s no telling how far you’ll go. Now’s the time to start your journey!
With your background or interest in security operations/corrections as our Security Guard (Correctional Officer), you will be overseeing and monitoring the activities of the inmates or detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas. You will be coordinating and monitoring inmate or detainee movements, conducting counts and providing emergency response as needed. In addition, you may be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to, the control room, front and sally port entrance, health services, special housing, perimeter safety, transportation, work details, reception, intake and visits officer, etc., as required by management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing safety in program activities and supervising labor crews in various areas around facility
- Conducting shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team; confiscating contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures
- Initiating disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees
- Preparing reports and maintaining daily logs as required
- Ensuring prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma
- Promoting facility cleanliness and reporting need for maintenance or repairs
- Serving as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required
- Completing training courses as required by facility training standards
- Performing correctional duties for any shift as defined by management
Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.