FMH is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered and integrated product assemblies for fluid & gas conveyance for the Aerospace, Defense and Space Industries. Products included within the FMH portfolio consist of Bellows & Joints, Braided/Flexible Hoses/Tubing, Insulated/Bleed Air Ducting. Key capabilities consist of Bellows Forming, Alloy Fabricating Precision Tube Bending, Braiding and Welding. FMH in headquartered in Irvine, California.
PDT specializes in the development of advanced liquid cooling and pumping solutions. PDT offers innovative solutions to the Space, Defense, and Commercial markets in the areas of liquid cooling and circulation pumps, accumulators, thermal control valves and integrated thermal management systems. We specialize in positive displacement and centrifugal pump designs for use with a variety of fluids. Our strength is in the packaging of components and systems with severe space and weight constraints to meet stringent military and space requirements. PDT is headquartered in Goleta, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Vice President and Business Unit Manager, FMH-PDT and dotted line to the Division Vice President, Human Resources.
AMETEK is looking for a strong, results-oriented Director of Human Resources who embraces culture and continuous improvement activities to join the Aerospace and Defense Division HR team in Irvine, CA. This position will be responsible for driving leadership development, succession planning, talent acquisition/recruitment, training and employee relations activities while partnering successfully with the management team on cultural alignment with AMETEK standard operating procedures. The ideal candidate for this position will be a certified and/or degreed HR professional with a desire to grow professionally within the organization. This position will be responsible for two sites in California (Irvine and Goleta) and be willing and able to travel between the sites regularly. This position will directly manage two site HR Managers.
• Partner with the Division Vice President of Human Resources to drive the talent acquisition and management strategy, attracting and retaining high potential salaried and direct labor candidates.
• Collaborate with management team to drive improvement in FMH-PDT integration and cultural unification of the two sites.
• Utilize AMETEK standard recruitment tools and software as well as developing innovative and modern sourcing strategies to attract and retain key talent across the organization.
• Collaborate with A&D HR partners to facilitate a robust leadership development, succession planning, individual development plan and onboarding strategies.
• Develop formalized development and ongoing training plans for high potential employees, including management development and coaching.
• Create talent gap analysis, to include cross-training matrix.
• Resolve employee relations situations and coach managers to hold team members accountable and upgrade talent while respecting confidentiality.
• Participate in staff meetings and key stakeholder meetings, including KPI meetings, on a regular, ongoing basis; provide mentoring and coaching to management staff.
• Facilitate annual compensation planning and performance management processes, including analysis of external compensation benchmarking study against internal employee data; make compensation adjustment recommendations as gaps are identified.
• Partner with HR leadership and finance team(s) to generate accurate headcount and forecast plans.
• Embrace appropriate change management and champion continuous improvement opportunities within the business.
• Support transition/transfer of products to our low-cost region facility as required.
• Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Human Resources or equivalent work experience), professional HR certification strongly preferred (SHRM-SCP)
• Master’s degree in Human Resources and/or MBA is a plus
• 10+ years of professional-level human resources experience with emphasis on talent management/development, succession planning, employee relations, recruiting and training required. Must possess strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to act as a business partner to management staff and develop strong relationships at all levels
• Strong working knowledge of employment and labor laws of California with demonstrated continuous learning process
• Prior experience with dual management and priority setting is preferred
• Prior experience with multi-site responsibility and direct management of subordinate staff preferred
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and remain flexible
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.