This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the 'posting date'. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.Salary Range
$99,700 - $196,100
*Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate¿s experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential. What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a Cyber Assurance Architect to join our software security team to design solutions and provide analysis expertise to protect data in support of the national security mission of Sandia National Laboratories. Are you passionate about identifying and engaging in the resolution of complex issues related to protecting data? Do you want to help plan and implement the cyber security portion of the insider risk program across Sandia? If so, consider applying for this phenomenal opportunity.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Perform data normalization, data enrichment, and alert/analytic creation to identity and mitigate risks in an environment rich with data.
- Implement and document repeatable and defensible processes that capture standard methodologies for managing alerts, events, and incidents. Resolve alerts through the various steps to reach acceptable resolution.
- Partner with representatives from HR, Safeguards & Security, and Legal to address security challenges effectively and collaboratively.
- Analyze cybersecurity requirements and implement projects to meet those requirements within set budget and schedule constraints.
- Analyze and address gaps within current tools, automate time-consuming manual processes, and design new solutions across the various domains within the insider risk management program.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge and interpretation of regulatory requirements and authority documents to include DOE Orders/NNSA directives.
- Develop cyber insider risk briefings, presentations, training, and white papers for distribution to the diverse user and collaborator community.
- Act as a cyber security insider threat domain expert to address customer questions and concerns.
This position is eligible for telecommuting and the selected applicant must live within a reasonable distance for commuting to the assigned work location when necessary.Qualifications We Require
Qualifications We Desire
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Assurance, Data Analytics, Computer Science or other relevant field plus five (5) or more years of relvant experience;
- or master's degree in above subject areas or related field
- or combination of education and experience that are demonstrably equivalent to the requirement above
- Experience in software development and project management
- Experience with cyber security software
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DOE Q clearance
About Our Team
- Active DOE Q or DOD TS security clearance
- Experience working with a federal cyber security program
- Knowledge and experience with DOE Orders/NNSA cyber security directives and policies; relevant federal and private standards and requirements
- Project and/or process management training or experience.
- Experience with insider risk management
- Demonstrated technical writing experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Experience as a product owner and requirements engineer
The Advanced Information Security department plays a key role in defending Sandia against internal and external cyber-attacks. It is a significant contributor to the establishment and advancement of Sandia's Application and Data Security Program and capabilities, including the development of appropriate controls and monitoring when acquiring, storing, using, distributing, and integrating data. The department will also develop capabilities to detect both malicious and inadvertent threats using layered security, including solutions based on the detection of anomalous behavior associated with applications, data, and users.About Sandia
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation's premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cyber Assurance Architect (Experienced)
*These benefits vary by job classification.Security Clearance
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.EEO
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
- Business Informatics
- Computer Security
- Data Analysis