We are currently seeking a Full-time Assistant Nurse Manager (Children’s Services) at Belmont Behavioral Hospital.
The Assistant Nurse Manager will assist in managing a nursing unit's clinical and administrative operations within the scope of an RN license as defined by the state and Nurse Practice Act.
The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for:
- Accountable for the standard of care at the facility, providing consultations and expertise in the delivery of care to the patient.
- Assist the Nursing Manager in serving as a clinical and service resource to nursing staff and other staff as assigned. Assist in managing the activities of staff and coordinating safe and appropriate care between departments and disciplines.
- Assist in managing and evaluating work activities of nursing, technical, clerical, service, or maintenance staff for the unit, workgroup, and other facility staff as directed.
- Analyze information/situation to choose the best solution(s) to solve problems.
- Assist with department recruitment, hiring, and training of new staff.
- Identify the educational needs of others and develop educational or training programs.
The ideal candidate will:
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Four or more years of nursing experience and previous experience with the facility's patient population are preferred. Minimum one or more years’ management, charge, or administrative experience required—current RN License in the State of Pennsylvania, and current CPR certificate
Graduate of a professional nursing program. Registered Nurse with a current license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania or seeking licensure through endorsement. Bachelor of Nursing preferred, enrollment in Bachelor of Nursing Program required upon hire or at time of promotion.
Training And Experience
Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience with demonstrated leadership abilities is required. Sound clinical knowledge in areas to be managed. Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrates ability in Human Resources and Financial Resource Management. Current BLS certification. Basic computer skills.
Board certification is preferred, but not required. Certification is required to be obtained within 2 years of hire.
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Works