Holly Energy Partners is seeking a Project Manager. The position is open to various locations. The Project Manger will work independently, simultaneously manage multiple Capital and Expense type Projects in the $20K - $3MM range from conception to completion. Works on projects to improve plant profitability, safety, and reliability and provides plant support for the continued reliable operation of existing and new equipment. Acting as development and support resource for less experienced Project Managers. Supporting the Manager of Projects in PMO development and excellence initiatives.
- Defines projects, working with business managers and SMEs determining project business case, objectives, risks, and scope. Propose technical strategies and provide technical assistance to business unit(s)
- Analyzes economics of each project where appropriate and calculates ROI for proposed projects
- Prepare and present project execution plans and AFE estimates for funding and approval to proceed
- Build, manage and motivate cross-functional project teams composed of internal and external resources through the lifespan of each project. Assign tasks and require accountability, ensure compliance with all regulatory, environmental, safety and facility requirements. Ensure proper representation from key departments including but not limited to: Engineering, Asset Manager and Coordinators, Operators, Scheduling, Environmental, Regulatory, Safety and IMP.
- Provide oversight and coordination for designs and builds of pipeline, facility, and plant additions and modifications, support engineering design utilizing internal and 3rd party resources, manages outside engineering productivity and cost, manages version control, distribution, reviews and signoff of drawing and design packages
- Prepare and manage, with the support of the Procurement department and SMEs, RFPs and bid packages, bid events, work orders, requisitions, and purchase orders for materials and services. Participate in vendor selection and manage bid evaluations. Conduct bid walks when appropriate. Cultivate and manage relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Improves profitability through controlling cost, schedule, quality and creative thinking by tracking engineering and contractor timesheets and spend, managing scope and change orders, and focusing on the quality and safety on the projects being executed
- Manage the development and completion of project job plans, MOCs, risk registers, PSSRs and other pre and post construction documentation
- Schedule and coordinate construction activities with contractors, facility operations, scheduling, safety, control room, and other impacted departments
- Manage the execution of projects, monitoring performance, taking corrective actions, providing feedback to project direction to the team. Host regular project team meetings and be on site at critical junctures as appropriate.
- Manage and track contractor and inspector time sheets, track expenditures
- Completes projects, delivering project outputs, wrapping-up administrative details, and conducting project closeout meetings and other related actions
- Regularly manage and update schedule, spend, forecast, status updates performance. Work with Project Controls to ensure management receives accurate information, evaluate performance and plan corrective actions. Support Project Controls with financial and schedule detail required for reporting
- Provide project documentation and operating analysis for management, ensuring important equipment documentation and drawings are received, properly recorded, and stored for future reference, provides management with regular updates regarding completion of milestones and significant accomplishments, and communicates progress and problems in a timely manner
- Utilize past knowledge and experience to ensure safe, environmentally secure, and efficient operations
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their manager, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of ten years in petrochemical, midstream or refining industry and five years in a project management related role is required
A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent and/or Bachelor’s of Business or Science degree
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent is preferred or sufficient experience in the Petrochemical and or Refinery Industry providing necessary technical base to perform job description is preferred. PMP or other Project Management related certification is also preferred.
Technical expert in area of specialty. Advanced ability to stay abreast of new technology and industry developments and processes and apply knowledge analytically. Strong knowledge of Microsoft products and commonly used engineering and project management concepts and experience. Familiarity with standards and practices of the specific discipline. Design oversight ability in at least one of the following areas: Mechanical Design, Electrical Design, Instrumentation/Controls Design, Civil Design, Metallurgy. Ability to marshal, motivate and manage resources. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, basic reading and writing skills, and ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Supervise contract design engineers, construction crews and inspectors on project by project basis. Provides leadership and coaching and develops other less senior project management personnel.
Office with some field based work with up to 25% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, and out-of-doors environment based including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, and working in confined spaces. Subject to all temperatures, varying weathers and road conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, perceiving color differences, ability to wear personal protective equipment (beards not permitted), and strenuous physical activity. Job conditions may require making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 25lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 25lbs, climbing up to 200ft, and the ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
Our One HF Sinclair Culture:
At HF Sinclair, we are united through our One HF Sinclair Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation ('HF Sinclair'), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.Equal Opportunity Employer
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
- Asset Management
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Civil Engineering
- Confined Spaces