To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
- Tabby Jarrett
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Trelleborg • Dallas, TX
Posted 10 days ago
This position will be located within the state of Oklahoma, and is responsible for the state and it's surrounding territory.Job description
The primary function of the Sales Engineer (SE) position is to promote and sell Trelleborg products and services within an assigned geographic area, market industry, product range or list of customer accounts in order to achieve sales and profit targets.
- Sales Growth: Achieve Sales Target. Strive for 10%+ year over year growth.
- Profitability: Achieve Profit Target. Strive for 10%+ year over year growth.
- Project Focus: Generate and convert projects for key target customers. Manage project cycle and velocity.
- Achieve 7+ projects (4+EAR) per month. Track, monitor and work to improve project win rate. Utilize CRM for all project information.
- Complete 20+ sales visits per month with mix of new & existing accounts.
- Conduct joint sales visits utilizing Trelleborg resources.
- Pursue sales leads, visit existing and new strategic customers with the focus being Total Customer Satisfaction and Generation of Projects for Sales Growth.
- Build customer relationships and strategic partnerships, assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products and services; respond to complex customer inquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times, and win sales orders to meet sales targets. Utilize Trelleborg resources where appropriate and needed.
- Identify, research, and contact prospective target growth customers that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Provide market feedback and intelligence for use by local MC, Marketing Department, Segment/Product/Lead Group personnel
- Promote standard products, and custom engineered products where needed. Be a total solution provider.
- Establish the market sell price and profit margin in collaboration with the Marketing Department utilizing market research, tools and methods along with the support of the SM and GM.
- Ensure timely flow of quotations in order to maximize our competitive edge and win order
- Complete month end report and bowler and submit the first week of each Month. Including but not limited to: top 10 customer updates, top 10 prospect updates, project won/loss information, customer needs, expectations, demands, competitor activity, and changing market conditions.
- Responsible for account and territory sales budget and estimates
- Develop short and long-term strategic sales plans for key customers, growth customers and global key accounts, utilizing Sales Excellence Tools. Meet and review with Sales Manager and/or GM on a regular basis.
- Establish annual, quarterly, monthly and/or weekly strategic sales visit, and customer action plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so sales and profit targets are met.
- Work with SM, GM and Marketing department to increase Trelleborg Brand Awareness and identify Marketing needs and opportunities for territory.
- Learn and utilize internal processes: CRM, JDE, GPS, Consense, Quality, ISO.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that customer projects, quotations and orders are processed efficiently, correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure full compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures.
- Develop cross training and work instructions for customer specific tasks.
- Represent the MC in cross-functional teams: Sales Projects, Sales Excellence, etc.
- Assist the MC with quality related issues.
- Assist in Information Technology (IT) efforts, looking for areas of improvement
- Provide proactive communication, analysis and problem solving
- Provide innovative solutions and continuous improvements
- Work with the right sense of urgency: Response times, flexibility and accuracy
- Assist GM in management reviews, business reviews and business plans
- To maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times when dealing with customers
Education and Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in sales, or engineering related field
- Minimum of 4 Year College degree. (Business or Engineering preferred)
- Strong Technical aptitude beneficial. Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be able to read and understand technical prints
- Strong knowledge of business sales and marketing practices
- Knowledge of rubber/plastic products is beneficial
- Familiarity with ISO quality requirements is beneficial
- Strong business sales and marketing strategies
- Excellent Customer Focus and understanding of Total Customer Satisfaction
- Technical aptitude and or engineering experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and relationship building skills
- Customer driven with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of business operational software (CRM, Oracle JDE, SAP)
03-05-2019Who to contact
External Candidates: https://careers-trelleborg.icims.com
Internal Employees: https://internal-trelleborg.icims.com
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.