***100% Remote in Houston, TX***
- Midstream or downstream experience in the Oil & Gas industry
About the Role:
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Department Manager to provide technical support and project oversight of multi-disciplined projects in our Northeast region. In addition to managing the team, this position requires the Engineer to perform in various roles related to detailed engineering design, project execution, technical support, and customer relationship development.
- Responsible for the execution of all activities of the department within the Northeast region.
- Schedule, organize, direct, and review all department resources and activities.
- Participate in the development of new and expansion of existing business opportunities
- Provide enhanced customer support as a technical liaison, and support regional business development initiatives as a technical resource.
- Identify resource and staffing needs, onboard new team members, establish individual goals and expectations, and conduct performance reviews.
- Direct, develop, supervise and provide technical guidance to all direct reports.
- Establish and execute operational plans for the department with respect to routine, tools and resources to ensure consistent operations and growth of skillsets.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Function as Project Manager and/or Senior Engineer on specific projects as required.
- Lead projects with a variety of durations, prioritizing both long-term planning, as well as provide leadership in a fast-paced engineering environment requiring expedited turnaround.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of, single or multidiscipline engineering proposals including development of scopes of work, project schedules and cost estimates.
- Prepare, review and check engineering calculations, designs, drawings and other project documents related to this specific discipline on projects as required.
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade technical standards/specifications to be used on specific projects, as well as centralized design basis and historical references.
- Support the organization through interaction with managers and staff at other offices, including recruiting and training efforts.
- Ensure all department operational and project activities are completed in accordance with the Quality Management system through implementation and enforcement of stated policies and practices.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8 years of experience, preferably in a consulting environment, and well-rounded expertise in the oil & gas, refining and chemical industry.
- Experience in other heavy industrial engineering projects such as manufacturing, steel, mining, materials processing, and power generation will also be considered.
- Candidate should have thorough understanding and aptitude in the use of current computer software including general MS Office products including Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, and design & business enterprise software
- Extensive experience with equipment specification, piping design and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Professional Engineer license in the state of Texas.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must excel in working in a team environment.
- Ability to regularly commute to client sites in the Houston area as needed. Occasional travel to support projects for other offices may be required.
- Auto Cad
- Business Development
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service