Organix Recycling, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Denali Water Solutions, LLC was incorporated in 2009 for the explicit purpose of diverting food waste recyclables from landfills to more environmentally sustainable options such as farms, compost facilities and anaerobic digesters - we have grown to become the largest collector of food recyclables in the United States, servicing over 10,000 retail supermarkets and food manufacturing plants across 46 states and Puerto Rico.
Job Details: This position is located in St. Louis, MO
* Competitive Hourly Rate
* Health Insurance
* Dental and Vision Benefits
* Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance ($50,000)
* Automatic enrollment in Short & Long Term Disability
* 4% employer contribution into 401k after six months
* Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
* Eligible for Safety & Performance Bonuses
* 8 Paid Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Loading, hauling, and delivering food waste on intra- and interstate routes with multiple stops ranging from 15-25 per day in accordance with routing determined by Company.
* Delivery equipment ranges from 30-45' open top dump trailers (combination vehicle) across a regional footprint determined by management.
* Operate manual and automatic transmission vehicles in accordance with DOT requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
* Operate manual or electric pallet jack as needed
* Utilize a pressure washer to rinse bins and containers and leave all client locations clean and free of debris.
* Perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
* General use of hand tools for basic repairs of company bins and equipment.
* Maintenance of basic truck equipment overall cleanliness of equipment.
* Utilize electronic logging system for DOT driver logs and as otherwise required
* Maintain paperwork (contamination and service tickets, truck maintenance, etc.) and submit all documentation to the appropriate party.
* Regularly communicate with customers and vendors to ensure seamless operations
* Communicate with corporate office/operations team on a regular basis for all service, equipment, customer service-related issues.
* Report all accidents and injuries immediately to the safety manager.
* Ability to work flexible hours based on seasonality, up to 60 hours in a 7-day week or 70 hours in an 8-day period.
* Attend and participate in weekly safety calls, trainings or briefings.
* Basic usage of computer and cell phone for training, communication, and expense management
* Regardless of any regularly scheduled service route assignment, drivers may at any time be scheduled to work a different assignment, including interstate routes. All drivers should have an expectation of operating in interstate commerce as needed.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Time management and ability to maintain route consistency
* Communication and customer service skills
* Proficiency operating Manual and Automatic Transmission vehicles
* Ability to use a manual or electric pallet jack
* Experience using an Electronic Logging System, such as PeopleNet
* Knowledge of hydraulics is a plus
* Basic computer and cell phone knowledge
* All drivers must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
* Regularly lifting, pulling and/or pushing up to 70 pounds, bending, stooping, twisting, shoveling or reaching overhead.
* Able to regularly pull/roll up to 300 pounds when working with totes
* Ability to handle unpleasant odors from food waste/farms
* Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
* Class A CDL License (self-certified as a Non-Excepted Interstate driver with the state of issuance)
* Clean MVR and PSP
* Must be at least 23 years of age and have a minimum of 2 years full-time verifiable tractor trailer experience OR 21 years of age with 1 year of tractor-trailer experience IF a graduate from a Truck Driving School or 1 year Military experience
* Stable work history
* Must pass pre-employment drug screen
This position is a safety sensitive position and requires a clear mind and diligence. The employee has the responsibility for his/her own safety as well as the safety of others.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees. Accordingly, the Company will not engage in any form of employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally protected status. The Company hereby affirms its desire to maintain a work environment for all employees that is free from all forms of unlawful employment discrimination.
- Automatic Transmission
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Service
- Forklift Truck