To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Island, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior Pricing Analyst
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Long Island, NY
Posted 3 days ago
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
This position will be responsible for supporting opportunities, projects and processes through analytical reporting that will support the needs of the business and positively impact the operational effectiveness of the team. The Junior Deal Desk Pricing Analyst will utilize analytical results to help support Deal Desk Analyst and the Sales Team in their decision- making process to best optimize customer programs and ensure profitability.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Deal Desk Analysts in the execution of specific sales opportunities.
- Coordinate and assist in initiatives, executing based on the creation of new and existing established guidelines.
- Provide support to the Deal Desk Analyst in the development and implementation of solutions to maximize sales and profitability improvement through large customer opportunities.
- Work with Deal Desk Analysts in the preparation of analytical models to evaluate strategic pricing decisions.
- Support Deal Desk Team members in the direct analytical support to the Large Account Sales Team to help identify areas for optimization and enhancements within a customer program.
- Review and understand research data in order to assist Deal Desk Analysts in the determination on how to incorporate this within a customer pricing model.
- Support and assist in financial, market, operational and related research to support strategic pricing, discounting and overall guidance for the large account sales team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, at various levels within MSC, the results, guidance and strategies associated with the analysis.
- Brainstorms with Deal Desk Team members on strategies and assists in the development of business plans using the understanding of MSC's operational structure and functions.
- Ability to demonstrate and recommend Best Practices based on working with Deal Desk Team members
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree in business or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience with at least 1 year experience in an analytical role with one or more of the following disciplines; financial analysis, business strategies or sales required.
- Definitive analytical ability is required.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software is required.
- AS400 Knowledge and proficiency in internal RFQ tools is required after training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management required.
- Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 5% of the time may be required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.