As part of the Finance Solutions team, the Expert Anaplan Model Builder is responsible for capturing requirements, new model building, enhancements and ongoing improvement of finance Anaplan models. The position is essential to the ongoing building and maintenance across our connected Anaplan modeling environment supporting various groups and processes for Fidelity Finance.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Anaplan model building, business intelligence, business requirements exploration and discovery, systems improvements, data consumption processes and reporting. The successful candidate will represent the Anaplan modeling needs of the Finance function. You will be a member of a team of model builders passionate about ongoing business operations, driving modernization and helping to transform how associates perform their roles in the future.
The Expertise You Have
* Anaplan hands-on model building with proven experience of successfully implementing Anaplan solutions as a Certified Anaplan model builder
* Experience with Agile/Anaplan Way methodology preferred
* Implementing practices and standards as defined by a Master Anaplaner
* Building lists, modules, and dashboards supporting business processes
* Familiar with Anaplan Application Life Cycle Management (ALM)
* Ability to translate business needs into detailed requirements/stories
* Ability to partner across multiple teams and business divisions
* Apply critical thinking to existing processes and/or problems to identify and propose opportunities for improvement
* Conceptual understanding of databases and business Intelligence tools
* Basic understanding of process improvement methodologies
* BS degree in Finance/Accounting, MIS or Liberal Arts
The Skills You Bring
* Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
* Ability to connect with many levels of the organization, including Mid Level Management and occasionally Senior Level Management. (up, down and across)
* Learning mentality, always seeking to understand the underlying technology
* Working to effectively link between issues and their root cause
* Your ability to effectively collaborate to build alliances and relationships across the broader Fidelity organization
* Ability to work on multiple assignments with varying timelines simultaneously
* Strong team-oriented approach to getting work done
* Your excellent consulting and customer engagement skills
The Value You Deliver
* Building an understanding of Fidelity's organizational structure to identify solutions that work in the best interest of the client, following proper channels to seek exceptions, when appropriate.
* Ensure the quality and timeliness of ongoing model building, enhancements and maintenance within our delivery processes
* Identify future opportunities to use the platform across the Finance functions and incorporate into our evolving Anaplan connected environment
* Working within the Finance Solutions Team, our work supports the business in multiple ways including support for planning & budgeting, expense costing and profitability, Anaplan support and administration. We assist with gathering and analyzing business requirements, while helping with the transformation of our Finance reporting landscape. Our team is responsible for driving technology and process improvements on behalf of the functions. You will work closely with our technology partners applying Agile's standard methodologies, while also helping to drive the implementation and adoption of new tools, processes and technology within the business.
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want! We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com. Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation please contact the following:
For roles based in the US: Contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Manager, Finance - Anaplan Model Builder
, or by calling
, prompt 2, option 2
For roles based in Germany: Contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Manager, Finance - Anaplan Model Builder
For roles based in Ireland: Contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Manager, Finance - Anaplan Model Builder
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.
At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling "Dynamic Working."
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling
, prompt 2, option 3.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Intelligence
- Business Processes