The Client Accounting Services team is looking for a Property Accounting Associate based in Westmont, IL. Successful candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred – real estate experience is a plus.
This Associate will prepare financial statements for a portfolio of properties, including General Ledger month-end close, actual-to-budget variance review, cash management, audits, bank reconciliations and spreadsheet preparation. Associate will prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client.
• Prepare financial statements for a portfolio of properties: General Ledger month-end close, actual to budget variance review, and ability to learn various types of real estate accounting software
• Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a 3 to 4 property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client
• Prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners
• Submit financial statements and work papers in reviewable form (including documentation) and within the proper time frame for review
• Responsible for cash management of assigned properties
• Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly
• Maintain a working knowledge of mortgage agreements and management agreements for assigned properties
• Assist property manager in responding to tenant and owner requests for financial information
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 1 - 2 years accounting experience preferred but not required; real estate a plus
• Strong analytical skills, organizational skills
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency
• Strong attention to detail and proficient time management and the ability to excel in a fast paced environment.
Location(s): Westmont, Illinois
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers URL blocked - click to apply
Standard Accounting Practices