Responsible for overseeing the daily workload and staffing placement in the Laboratory while working closely with the Management Team. Responsibilities includes training and mentoring employees; evaluating performance of assigned personnel, monitor performance action plans for employees, interviewing of applicants, improve operational efficiencies by focusing on customer service and maximizing production and profit; scheduling/staffing and directing work flow; maintain harmony in the workplace and professional business demeanor at all times.
* Supervise laboratory operations to ensure compliance with FSNS Quality Manual, SOP's and quality control measures specified to maintain compliance with ISO 17025 guidelines.
* Perform internal audits of processes and ensure accurate performance and interpretation of test results,
* Supervise training of new and current laboratory personnel in procedures and protocols
* Provide feedback for and administer laboratory personnel reviews
* Directly address client needs as required and in collaboration with the Management Team. Oversee status of all results and reporting for clients on laboratory results as needed (including notification of out of specification results)
* Process samples and ability to perform all roles that report to supervisor
* Perform analyses in various laboratory areas
* Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food industry issues and trends
* Ensure that the appropriate number of technicians are allocated are in the respective areas of the Laboratory; this will include shifting people when necessary
* Work closely with the Operations and Technical Managers and assists when needed
* Assisting with managing priorities and schedule such that individual goals as well as team goals are achieved with encouraged participation in the Food Safety Net Services Team
* Responsible for the safety of oneself and others working within their area
* Responsible for the completion of required training
* Supervision and oversight of up to 30 incumbents, dependent on Lab volume.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Food Safety
- Iso/Iec 17025
- Quality Management