As part of the Hampton Roads Connector Partners (HRCP) Joint Venture, Flatiron has been selected to construct the new Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) Expansion Project in Virginia. As a Cost Control Engineer, you will monitor, analyze and forecast financial outcome of the project.
The multibillion dollar HRBT project scope will include: a new bridge-tunnel crossing, replacement of existing marine approach bridges, the addition of a third lane on 1-64 in each direction, and new bridge-tunnel complex that will accommodate 4 lanes of traffic for a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water and is expected to conclude in 2025.
- Performs cost analysis and spend tracking to monitor project costs and revenue and forecast final financial outcomes.
- Assists in or performs generation of project budget and monthly forecasting within Company supported cost control software.
- Uses Company determined process and practices to document, track and report cost on assigned projects. Works with project management team and project controls team to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial information.
- Supports integration of Company systems to track, monitor and control costs. monitors the job cost report against key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Assists project close out procedures by validating final revenue prior to final bill submission.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Audits accounting systems between Company and Owner systems to ensure accuracy.
- Supports financial audit process on assigned projects.
- Generates, analyzes and submits monthly reporting.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- 5+ years construction engineering, cost control or construction accounting experience required.
- Previous experience on a large-scale heavy civil construction project preferred.
- Knowledge of construction contract agreements and change order processes preferred.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, including construction accounting, preferred.
- Able to identify cost reduction strategies in schedule, quantities or contract specifications that align with project budget and design specification requirements.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Cost Benefit Analysis