To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
District Sales Manager, West Region - Gas Distribution
Dura-Line • Knoxville, TN
Posted 7 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mexichem is a leading provider of products and solutions across multiple sectors from petrochemical to construction, infrastructure, agriculture, healthcare, transportation, telecom and energy, among others. It is one of the biggest producers of plastic pipes and connections worldwide and one of the largest chemical and petrochemical companies in Latin America.
Built upon a global footprint, it employs over 19,000 people in more than 30 countries where it holds over 120 production plants, 2 fluorite mines, 6 training academies and 16 research and development laboratories and generates more than US$5.6 billion per year. With over 50 years of history and more than 30 years trading on the Mexican Stock Exchange, Mexichem has a business model of vertical integration and strategic acquisitions, which derives in exclusive access to raw materials, proprietary technology and global competitiveness. This position sits with the Dura-Line brand, which is one of several brands under the Mexichem umbrella.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
This position supports the Western Region of the United States. Incumbent must live in this Region.
Meet sales and profit objectives for assigned territory. Develop and maintain long term customer relationships while growing sales through new and existing distributors, integrators, end users, and utilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Obtain sales with emphasis on meeting monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives and long term strategic market penetration objectives.
- Gain utility supplier and product approvals.
- Actively partner with Director of Sales to negotiate contract bids and maintain profits with price control.
- Responsible for identification of new business opportunities and/or development of new product and creating strategy to act on opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with territory customers through regular visits and correspondence and calls.
- Analyze, understand, and recommend modifications to customer specifications.
- Responsible for the research, development and marketing of new strategies to optimize sales as well as assessing traditional market strategies.
- Coordinates inquiry, quote, and order processes with Customer Service Representatives.
- Communicate forthcoming product developments and special promotions with customers.
- Attend National, Regional, and Local trade shows as approved by Director of Sales.
- Maintain a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements.
- Analyze future buying trends and report to Director of Sales.
- Partners with all lines of business to maximize sales, provide total customer satisfaction and ensure solidification of the business.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining service and satisfaction levels with Operations.
- Assist Director of Sales with annual budget processes.
- Manage assigned territory’s annual budget figures.
- Responsible for approving literature requests within defined territory scope.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of what competitors are doing and communicating information to Director of Sales and team.
- Assist Director of Sales with negotiation of terms, rebate programs and other sales incentives with key customers/accounts.
- Monitor the progress, cost, and success of marketing campaigns within assigned territories.
- Effectively handle sensitive customer issues.
- Configure and extract data from computer systems valuable to sustain and increase business operations and opportunities.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and CPAR’s are followed to avoid further repeat of errors.
- Responsible for adherence of all company policies and reporting of any non-compliance to the Director of Sales.
- Comply, support and promote all safety policies of Dura-Line, Inc. and maintain a safe working environment free of unnecessary equipment and materials.
- Responsible for submitting trade show booth requests in a timely manner to ensure that delivery can be made on time.
- Submit weekly sales call activity report.
- Report monthly on sales results vs. forecast and update forward forecast. Assist with sales forecasting and planning on an as-needed basis.
- Submit monthly expense report accurately and timely including all documented receipts.
- Continue training in all facets of related business.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum six years outside plant sales
- Computer proficiency
OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to travel minimum of 60% of time
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a cooperative and efficient manner with all levels of the organization
Mexichem offers a broad range of value added ingredients and finished products that contribute to customers’ success and ultimate improve the quality of life for people around the world. Along its commitment to good citizenship, Mexichem delivers Total Value to customers, employees and investors worldwide, every day.