Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Provider Technology Services (PTS) is a clinically oriented health IT consulting group within Optum Advisory Services. We pair technology experts, management consultants, and skilled clinical leaders together to help health systems and provider entities achieve clinical and financial return from their technology investments.
Our holistic approach to EHR optimization includes technical solutions, stakeholder engagement and education, clinical workflow redesign, and reporting capabilities to help health systems prepare for and thrive under value-based and risk-based models by focusing on three constituencies critical to care delivery: providers and their care teams, patients, and payers.
The Sr. Director Advisory Services is responsible for the success of multiple client engagements, and ensures that clients generate significant value from their ongoing partnership with PTS. The Senior Director will be a member of the Practice Leadership Team and is responsible for the overall management of practice operations, business development, and oversight of teams within assigned PTS projects/engagements. Senior Directors are responsible for leading business development efforts and will have an annual sales target as well as an annual target for overall managed revenue and/or utilization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Builds an individual pipeline and leads the related commercial processes and business development efforts
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for client delivery teams, holding workstream engagement leaders on-site accountable for performance and assisting them with complex and challenging tasks
- Ensures outstanding and consistent customer service
- Responsible for the integrity of operational processes, including building engagement budgets, ensuring adequate human resources, and compliance with regulatory standards
- Responsible for meeting profitability targets for specific engagements, as well as pursuing and achieving performance-based targets in at-risk engagements
- Leads internal activities and product development activities, including:
- Identifies opportunities for service and solution enhancements
- Leads internal solution development activities
- Supports solution marketing and business development activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Advanced degree (MBA/MPH/MHA, etc) with 8+ years consulting experience OR bachelor’s degree with 10+ years consulting experience
- 3+ years’ experience at a senior level managing large scale consulting engagements and leading business development efforts
- Familiarity with leading EHR vendors' core capabilities, including knowledge of tools and systems
- Experience in developing growth strategies for organizations, particularly around new business lines
- Ability to travel up to 80% domestically
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Demonstrated ability to coach others to perform and achieve results
- Ability to coach others to perform and achieve results
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience as a successful influencer who can interact effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager Advisory Services, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work from Home