We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and thats important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we cant turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Sr. Technical Editor joining our team to support JSP-ETM activities in Arlington, VA. The Senior Technical Editor is entrusted to support a large enterprise network environment in support of a DoD agency. A typical day includes:
- Write technical descriptions on the functionality of custom network infrastructure designs and server systems for network systems implementers in a Distance Learning network infrastructure or enterprise network environment
- Organize and, as needed, edit materials produced by a Subject Matter Expert or network engineer
- Edit materials as needed produced by a Subject Matter Expert or network engineer
- Communicate with Subject Matter Experts and engineers regarding materials and edits
- Develop help system documentation and examples for training associated with web-based training applications and network infrastructures
Bachelors degree or a combination or education and work experience in lieu of degree
A Master's degree may be substituted for two (2) years' experience; or a doctoral degree may be substituted for three (3) years' experience.
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing
- Active Secret clearance
- Proven skill at writing technical descriptions on the functionality of custom network infrastructure designs and server systems in such a way that they make sense to the lay reader and can be used by network systems implementers in an enterprise network environment
- Proven ability to organize and, as needed, edit materials produced by a Subject Matter Expert or network engineer, with significant abilities in communicating with Subject Matter Experts and engineers
- Significant experience with MS Visio, MS Project, MS PowerPoint
- Significant experience with developing system documentation and network infrastructures
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks effectively, work with minimal supervision, meet deadlines and produce quality work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, project, content and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and a disciplined self-starter
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Microsoft Power Point