The Opportunity | CNC Programmer - Millturn
Location: Cheswick, PA
- Interaction with Product Manufacturing Engineer during initial product designs as well as redesign efforts
- Feedback for Design for Manufacturability (DFM) changes into the product design effort.
- Development of machining processes, including tool selection for individual components and sub-assemblies
- Management of CNC program files for revision control and security per EMD procedures
- Interaction with equipment acquisition team members during acquisition of new CNC machines tools
- Training and mentoring of Operator Programmers (specifically -- qualified hourly machinists)
- Ability to select tooling, including use of vendor catalogs and creation of tooling libraries in CAM
- Experience programming Mill-Turn/Multi-Tasking Machines that have an independent Milling Head with B-axis indexing, along with a main spindle for turning.
- Experience program machines with dual turning spindles, dual turrets and steady rests in a plus
- Experience working on of the following machines; WFL-Millturn, Okuma Multus, Mazak Integrex, Doosan Puma
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in use of CAM, i.e., Mastercam for CNC program generation
- Mastercam Certification a plus
- Blue print reading, particularly involving GD&T per ASME Y14.5M
- Experience working with commercial nuclear and/or military quality systems
- Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, CAD experiences especially 3D solid models
5% - 15% per year dependent upon projects assigned
- Must be US citizen and be able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Coaching And Mentoring