Our client is a top government contractor clients located in Falls Church, VA. This position will be a 1 - 2 month contract role and starts immediately.
Pay is $47/HR.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
* Candidates must have experience working on government proposals and pricing contracts. This would be a Cost-Plus Award Fee contract for IT work with the Air Force. Position to last 1-2 months.
* Strong excel skills are required
* Government contracting experience
• Direct compilation of data based on statistical studies
• Analyze past and current years to prepare budgets and to justify funds requested
• Correlate appropriations for specific programs with appropriations for divisional programs and include items for emergency funds
• Review operating budgets periodically to analyze trends affecting budget needs
• The Budget Analyst will also consult with unit heads to ensure adjustments are made in accordance with program changes in order to facilitate long term planning
• Direct preparation of regular and special budget reports to interpret budget directives and to establish policies for carrying out directives
• Prepare comparative analysis of operating programs by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years
• Submit reports to senior management with recommendations for budget revisions
• BS in Accounting or Finance
• Attention to detail and strong analysis skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 2 + years Financial or Budget analysis experience
• Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel.
keywords: budget analyst, budget analysis, budget, budgeting, financial analysis, forecasting