Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Controller leads the Financial Accounting and Control Function and manages the business financial reporting, budgets and internal control processes. Partners with other senior management in defining the global Finance and Accounting strategic plan. Ensures financial business processes are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Job Core Responsibilities
- Partners with senior site management in defining the Finance and Accounting strategic plan, while ensuring the maximization of the company’s financial performance
- Leads the accounting department and advises management in interpreting and utilizing managerial accounting information
- Manages all accounting operations, while monitoring costs and capital expenditures
- Understands manufacturing costing principles and the application of standard cost accounting in the manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing cost and variance analysis in a standard cost environment
- Directs the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts, and report variances
- Develops business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensures timely and complete financial statements on a monthly basis
- Accurately reports the financial results of Meggitt's operations in accordance with Generally Accepted Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and future operations
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Post-Secondary Degree in Accounting or related field that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years’ Experience: 7+ years of relevant experience within a manufacturing environment
- Flexibility to travel monthly for at least the first year
- Demonstrated success in defining and executing a Finance and Accounting strategic plan to ensure the maximization of the company’s financial performance
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and analysis; acquired through work experience in increasingly complex roles
- Capable of driving change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results
- Able to utilize the latest technology to enhance the growth of an organization
- Experience with Syteline or TMM ERP system preferred
- Ability to anticipate internal or external business challenges/regulatory issues and make recommendations
- Capable of directing the resolution of complex or unusual business problems while applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Demonstrates a high level of ethical behavior in exercising judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence while exercising sensitivity to the audience
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Cost Accounting Procedures
Annual Financial Report