Java Developer Summary:
Signature Consultants is Seeking a Java Developer that can sit in Des Moines IA! The candidate will analyze business application requirements for functional areas and design, test, and debug software applications. Additional responsibilities include system changes and enhancements, standard business tools technical support for operation improvements, documenting application specifications and training users. This individual will use software development best practices and ensure that uniform enterprise-wide application design and coding standards are followed.
- Supports existing applications and projects by responding to incidents, problems, and service requests.
- Manages administrative tasks related to the position of Application Developer.
- Manages departmental internal controls and regulatory issues.
- Proposes changes to methodologies, procedures, and software development lifecycle to ensure continuous improvement.
- Mentors and supports junior developers in the design and construction of software solutions.
- Works with business partners directly to ensure solution requirements and quality are addressed as soon as possible in the development cycle.
- Ensures that any solution development assigned is documented and communicated well to other members of the IT team.
- Provides leadership on various application development initiatives.
- Works with the business areas to gain a strong understanding of the product line you are assigned to support.
- Provides tactical support for project management as assigned.
- Maintains existing enterprise applications using bank preferred technologies.
- Provides application analysis and support for vendor developed applications.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology & Management, Electrical & Electronics Engineering) plus 3+ years, or Master's degree in relevant field plus 3+ years of system design and development experience or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- 2 years financial services industry experience
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns, application architecture, and the software development lifecycle
- Experience with automated test, build, and integration techniques
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, log4j, JUnit, Mockito
- 3 years of experience with version control tools such as Git and TFS
- Experience in development teams using automation associated with continuous integration, deployment and release management and experience with automation tools like Jenkins
- Experience with Agile methodologies and principles
- Knowledge of developing visualizations
- Excellent data oriented design principles
- Knowledge of reporting and analytics using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills that promote effective working relationships in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to decompose complex problems, troubleshoot issues and communicate solutions to the team and other stakeholders
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Ability to positively engage, self-motivate and possess a strong desire to learn
- Ability to complete tasks on set budgetary parameters and targets
The physical demands described here are generally representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle controls; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Some positions, including, but not limited to positions in Administrative Services, may be required to lift, move and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
Employees in this position may travel periodically for work related activities, but it is not a regular part of the job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Java Developer. Signature Consultants is the parent company to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Java Developer and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Java Developer.
Signature Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Signature will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Java Developer or