General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Quality Assurance / Metrics Analyst to join our team in support of a Federal Intelligence Agency contract. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Reporting Analyst will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues.
Performs data analysis, interpretation, and management duties. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis
Primary responsibilities include providing creating/developing/revising ad hoc queries, report writing to provide the best reporting and insight. The individual should be familiar with relational database management systems. The Analyst will work comfortably across departmental lines as the go-to resource for questions related to the dash boarding, reports, and how it is used.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist stakeholders in determining the best solution for their needs with business intelligence: i.e. Tableau, Excel, SQL Reporting Services
- Assist in transitioning manually produced reports into automated dashboards published in a Tableau Server environment and/or SSRS.
- Invent ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones
- Perform Ad-Hoc analysis leveraging the power of Tableau and/or SSRS and other internal BI tools
- Modify, develop, write, and implement existing reports and views.
- Conduct periodic tuning of dashboards to minimize the data and rendering refresh cycles to optimize the end user experience
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; work well within small and large team environments.
- Participates in special projects as required.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5+ years of related statistics/data analysis experience.
- TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Candidates should be proficient with:
- ServiceNow (Reporting, Dashboards and Scripting)
- Excel (manipulate data, create scripts, charts, pivot tables, macros, etc..)
- Data Analysis
Desired Qualifications include:
- Business Intelligence (BI) best practices including understanding Tableau, SSRS, Excel, Pivot Tables.
- Understanding of Relational Databases
- Enterprise Level Database Management Systems, preferably with MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of T-SQL
- Knowledge and prior administration of Tableau Server or SQL Reporting (SSRS)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a URL blocked - click to apply\' target=\'blank\' rel=\'noopener\'>Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and URL blocked - click to apply\' target=\'blank\' rel=\'noopener\'>Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
General Dynamics Information Technology, or GDIT, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Systems Security Certified Practitioner
Comp Tia Security+
Sql Server Reporting Services