Job ID: 52672
Our client in Cambridge, Massachusetts is seeking a BI Developer.
Candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Data & Analytics has been recognized across industries as a strategic competency to excel in the way we engage with customers and ultimately generate business value. In Healthcare companies, with the increase complexity of engagement models (multiple stakeholders, channels, content) and the growth of data generated by digitalization, the importance of transforming data into information via BI leading to decisions and actions has never been so high.
We are expanding our BI team to include some of the most talented consultants. As a member of our team you will help us to grow our BI/QlikSense/View/PowerBI practice into one of the premier teams in the industry. As a QlikSense/View/PowerBI Developer you will work in a client-facing role to design and develop QlikSense/View data models and dashboards/BI to support our client needs.
The role requires complete comprehension of enterprise data models and utilization of both relational and dimensional data sources. This person will develop a world-class BI that delivers added value and actionable information in an agile and efficient way. The ideal candidate will have experience in QlikSense/View and Power BI design and development with a general understanding of BI designs/wireframes and reporting. Candidates with experience other BI stacks (Tableau/Business Objects/OBIEE) will be favored.
* Perform detailed analysis of source systems and source system data and model that data in QlikSense/View and PowerBI
* Design, develop, and test QlikSense/View scripts to import data from source systems and test QlikSense/View dashboards to meet customer requirements
* Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
* Create and maintain technical design documentation
* Perform quality coding to business and technical specifications
* Work directly with business users to define and prototype QlikSense/View and PowerBI Applications
* Extracting, transforming and loading data from multiple sources into QlikSense/View applications
* Provide input on proposing, evaluating and selecting appropriate design alternatives which meet client requirements and are consistent with client's current standards and processes
* Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments
* Responsible for demonstrating software to internal users
Desired Skills & Experience
* 3+ years of experience in developing / architecting BI Solutions supporting financial, sales, and field performance reporting
* Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems with a good understanding of their Data Models and ETL procedures
* 3+ years of hands-on professional with thorough knowledge of scripting, data source integration and advanced GUI development in QlikSense/View
* Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
* Ability to write complicated yet efficient SQL queries and stored procedures
* Strong knowledge on QlikSense/View server architecture and building qvd's and qvw's applying business rules and data validations
* 4+ years of experience in end-to-end implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) projects, especially in scorecards, KPIs, reports & dashboards with UI and user experience focus
* Knowledge of formal database architecture and design
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
* Possess a strong foundation in human cantered UI design and standard UI design principles.
* Are familiar with latest trends, methods, and strategies in the web industry.
* 2+ years of experience in a client-facing role for a top tier or similar organization is highly desirable
* A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or a related discipline
* Experience in Pharma/Bio-Tech domain/industry in Commercial/Marketing/Field is highly favored
* Enthusiastic about learning large and complex systems, and new tools
* Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
* Results-driven with the ability to take initiatives, handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities and meet deadlines
* Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Excellent problem solving skills, logical process thinking and end-to-end system concepts
* Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure
* Investigates problems to establish real or hidden causes
* Solves complex problems with creative solutions
* Places emphasis on client satisfaction and customer experience
* Promotes the mission and shared values of our company
Fast Switch, Ltd. is a high-growth IT staffing firm, with headquarters in Dublin, Ohio and with offices serving the Columbus, Detroit, Boston, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Hartford, Los Angeles, Tucson, San Francisco, Denver, and Cleveland metropolitan areas. We have a staff of over 780 associates and have experienced growth while remaining profitable.
Compensation can vary depending on experience and capability, plus benefits which include healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, and 401(k) with match and IMMEDIATE vesting. Our benefits package, in this day and age, is superb.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and/or navigate to our Careers page.
Web Application Development
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Responsive Web Design