To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fall River, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Blount Fine Foods Corp • Fall River, MA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Architect is primarily responsible for the design, development, implementation, ongoing support, and expansion of our Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platform. This position will be involved in all areas of the development life cycle including data architecture, integration, report and dashboard development, and support to ensure high levels of availability of the BI software and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a senior technical design and development resource for the organization
- Interpret business requirements and determine optimum BI solutions to meet needs
- Design and develop BI solutions using Microsoft SQL Server and Data Analytics platform
- Lead the preparation, cleansing, and loading of data for analysis and reporting purposes
- Oversee the writing of relational and multidimensional database queries, flows, and movements
- Lead the creation of informative and interactive data visualizations
- Partner with analysts to come up with creative solutions to data and reporting challenges
- Provide technical advising on legacy databases and applications, including MS Access and ERP
- Provide technical leadership and learning opportunities to the BI development team
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. in a technical discipline, M.S. preferred
- 5-10 years of hands-on, professional experience with Microsoft data/analytics platform
- Experience with core components of SQL Server (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MDS)
- Familiarity with writing efficient T-SQL, DAX, and MDX queries
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts and dimensional modeling techniques
- Familiarity with BI Visualization tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau
- Experience with various Software Development Life Cycle methodologies including both waterfall and agile
- Good problem solving skills; logical thinker with ability to break down difficult problems, good verbal and written skills
- Must maintain professional/technical knowledge (obtaining technical certifications; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices)Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to effectively interact with a diverse group; executives, managers, vendors, technical resources, and subject matter experts.
- Position requires balancing the development of strategic initiatives while supporting the ongoing operational needs of the business. The successful candidate will be capable of maintaining a positive long–term vision even when the business requires pivoting to short-term objectives.
- Position requires strong analytical and problem solving skills. Successful candidate must have the ability to effectively evaluate information/data to make technology recommendations.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills. In addition, they must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
We offer: Medical, dental and vision benefits; 401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan; Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays; Education Assistance Program; Life Insurance and Short Term Disability; Discounts on Blount products at Company retail location.