Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, Nebraska facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Identify processes within the manufacturing areas to improve, using problem solving tools and methodologies.
- Lead cross-functional project teams, documenting cost savings.
- Support manufacturing by participating on teams and assisting with corrective actions.
- Use data and statistical analysis to support testing and process changes.
- Implement improvement ideas that result from project teams.
- Actively participate in Focus Factory team, leading & supporting activities related to the team’s goals of Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- Utilize Management of Change to ensure all systems are reviewed and updated with all project improvement changes.
- Lead safety initiatives to help ensure compliance with corporate wide requirements.
- Provide technical leadership in the selection, design, development, and installation of cost-effective manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Lead capital projects from initiation phase through installation & startup, including resource management, machine purchases, machine runoffs, and operator/maintenance training.
- Complete other duties as needed and assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum two (2) years manufacturing engineering experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Kearney, NE facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with Minitab, SOLIDWORKS or AutoCAD.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Previous experience with implementing safety projects, quality improvement projects and/or Poka-Yoke.
- Previous experience with cost out and lean projects.
- The individual needs to have a positive attitude, good work ethic and not afraid to challenge the status quo for a good cause and think out of the box.
- Ability to work efficiently in a hands-on role.
- Needs to be able to work well with people, individually and in groups, able to handle multiple tasks, detail oriented, able to work with minimal supervision, have strong math skills, have an understanding of SPC, have experience in and understand manufacturing processes, and have computer experience with using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.L1
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Indeed Sponsored Job: IND123-SBengineering
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Self Motivation
- Lean Manufacturing