Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) Overview:
2nd Shift Monday - Friday
2:30pm - 11:00pm
Apply Now for $7500Sign-on Bonus Red Classic (RCT) is a subsidiary of Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. (CCCI), the nation's largest Coca-Cola bottler. Our diesel/fleet mechanics service both RCT and CCCI fleet equipment. This posting is for our facility in Louisville, KY.
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B), located in Louisville, KY
, is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will perform job duties independentlywith little to no supervision & must be equipped with personal tool box.
Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring Diesel Maintenance Tech (C) employees as needed.Required Skills:
Basic knowledge and understanding of repairing or replacing all structural, body and mechanic parts of a diesel truck. Must be proficient with brakes, drivelines and mechanical engine components on tractors. Strong electrical experience with the ability to diagnose & repair all electrical systems, up to and including emissions and engine components. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills.
- 3-5 years verifiable experience in heavy duty diesel truck maintenance or Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 3 years previous experience in heavy duty truck & trailer maintenance
- DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
- Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
- Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking system.
- Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
- Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic truck driving skills.
- Ability to obtain a CDL A within 3-6 months.
- Operate with minimal supervision.
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
- Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
- Must be at least 21 years old
- DOT Brake/Annual Inspection certification
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Clean driving record
- Must have valid driver's license
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Uniforms, safety boots and glasses provided
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Metal Fabrication
- Inventory Control Systems
- Electrical Systems