Chemical manufacturer is seeking production packager/drummer to ensure that manufactured items are ready for shipment by placing them into containers, sealing and labeling the items, and preparing the item for transport. The incumbent will also clean packaging materials, load items into containers, and weigh and label the items appropriately. The Production Drummer/Packager will also perform final checks for defective items, ensure all working items make it to the loading area or inventory, and keep detailed records of materials and shipments.
HOURS: Mon- Fri, 12:30pm - 8:30pm, must be available to train on 1st shift
Location: Bedford Park, IL, near 65th & Harlem
Pay Rate: up to $22 hour
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure that all items are in proper working order; discard defective items/products according to company procedures.
• Securely seal containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and/or hand tools.
• Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
• Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
• Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
• Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
• Place or pour products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.
• Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environmental regulations.
• Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
• using hand tools: 2 years (Required)
To apply for this position, you may do any of the following:
- Call Express
- Apply online at expresspros.com and send application to Oak Lawn, IL location
- Email resume to: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Drummer-Packager - 2nd Shift ($22/hr)