To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Conklin, NY 13748
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Senior HR Generalist, FT - Conklin, NY
Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc • Conklin, NY
Posted 25 days ago
Other Great Industries
Entry Level, Customer Service, Warehouse
If you are a hard worker, have a great attention to detail and want to be part of a 100 Year Legacy, then Maines wants you to join our HR team!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Reporting to the VP of HR, the Senior Human Resources Generalist performs a variety of human resource support functions to the management team and associates with dedicated support to specified companies. This Exempt, Full-time position partners with the management team to support hiring activities, address performance management concerns, and coach and assist with associate relations issues. In addition, the Senior HR Generalist is responsible for new associate orientation, leave management, benefits administration, compliance, recruitment, and performance support. This position may also act in an administrative support function, including event planning, wellness programs, and backup to other HR related functions. This role may oversee the work of other Human Resources Generalists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for recruitment support for all positions within assigned companies. This may include but is not limited to job postings, applicant tracking, reviewing applications, pre-screening prospective candidates, interview coordination, and setting up and conducting job fairs.
* Supports hiring managers with the hiring process, including but not limited to, reference checks, background checks, negotiating pay, generating offer letters, and keeping managers informed.
* Conducts orientation, including necessary training, for newly hired associates.
* Collaborates with assigned division managers to identify training needs, draft training plans, and ensure completion.
* Manages associate leaves and leave requests and acts as the administrator for Workers Compensation, Disability, and FMLA leave requests. This include complying with applicable laws, tracking leave, communicating with managers, and informing appropriate departments regarding use of paid time off.
* Administers associate benefits, including but not limited to, organization and delivery of open enrollment, processing new enrollments/changes/terminations, and acting as a point of contact to associates.
* Processes benefits claims as necessary, including death and disability benefits.
* Leads or participates in associate event planning and wellness initiatives.
* Responsible for ensuring labor posters are ordered, posted, accessible to all associates, and current.
* Supports management and associates with associate relations matters. This may include assisting management in coaching/counseling associates or being available to associates and answering or facilitating responses to associate's questions and concerns.
* Processes unemployment claims using ADP Case Builder.
* Acts as a company-wide subject matter expert (SME) in at least one HR core competency and act as a resource to other HR Generalists or HR personnel.
* Demonstrates an understanding of core HR compliance requirements, including but not limited to, ADA, EEO, FMLA, workplace investigations, disability, wage and hour, and NY HR laws.
* Assists managers with the annual review process by informing managers of upcoming reviews and providing historical information regarding associates as requested.
* Assembles and delivers reports to management upon request. Reports may include, but are not limited to, turnover data, and recruitment status, time to fill positions, pipeline activity, etc.
* Attends regular daily, weekly and monthly meetings with various leaders.
* Travel to sites he/she supports to properly influence leadership on an as-needed basis. Must be flexible and independent.
* Typical schedule is Monday - Friday.
* Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, the Sr. HR Generalist must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be well organized and highly detailed with a flexible attitude to be able to manage a variety of functions and maneuver between tasks. Must be a strong communicator in all media forms with the ability to communicate with associates, managers, in group settings, or individually, at all levels of the company. Good problem-solving skills. Skilled negotiator with ability to influence others. Should possess excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office and HRIS or related systems), ability to compile complex spreadsheets, ability to draft presentations, and ability to create meaningful and concise communications. Understand the complexities of HR compliance related to recruitment, associate leaves, and associate benefits. Experience and skilled in associate relations, recruitment, on-boarding, performance management, associate benefits, and compliance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in a human resource related capacity or and/or training in human resources; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of one year managing at least one direct-report is required and experience in the Food, Broadline or Retail industry is also preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS: SHRM PHR preferred but not required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Will manage a Driver Recruiter/s and HR Specialist. Will function as a backup to the VP of HR during vacations/sick days/emergencies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit. The associate frequently is required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. This position may be required to travel. Associate will be exposed to normal driving conditions. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Medical Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Associate discount at Maines Food & Party Warehouse locations
* Cell-phone service discount
* Years of Service recognition
* Adoption insurance
* Discounts on home & auto insurance
* Pet Insurance
* Direct Deposit
* Educational Reimbursement
* Excellent Advancement Opportunities
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000484884306
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.