Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing integrated security solutions to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security officer personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
Why Work at Inter-Con?
Passion: Inter-Con is a thriving company that is passionate about its products and people. Joining the Inter-Con family is an opportunity for growth and career advancement in an environment that truly cares for its employees. By joining the Inter-Con family, you’re working with the best to build a safer future.
People: Inter-Con is more than a company, it’s an alumni base. We believe in positioning the right people in the right place to help them achieve their long-term aspirations for career growth. We have transitioned thousands of security officers into successful careers in law enforcement, government services, foreign affairs and many more. Your career success drives our success.
Benefits: Inter-Con offers excellent full-time and part-time benefits that include: flexible scheduling to accommodate lifestyle commitments, vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, sponsorship for Top Secret Clearance, comprehensive training, discounts on higher education and much more.
Partner with us to begin a journey that begins with a commitment and leads to a career of a lifetime. Stand out. Be proud. Be Inter-Con!
At Inter-Con we take pride in providing customized security solutions for our clients. As an Unarmed Security Officer, you will be part of a security team that supports critical facilities and infrastructure, public venues that requires an enhanced presence and asset protective services. This position an integral part of the broad spectrum of specialized security services Inter-Con provides its clients every day.
Specific benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Recognition and Reward Programs.
- Training and Career Development.
- Opportunities for Medical, dental, Holidays, vacation and sick, and 401 (k) retirement plan.
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Additional benefits vary depending on position.
- Entry and egress access control
- Roving patrols of interior and exterior building areas
- De-escalating disruptive visitor, employee or patient behavior
- Communicating with designated site employees regarding incidents or daily security rounds
- Visitor and building employee identification verification
- Direct parking lot traffic as needed
- Review security alerts issued by company
- Ensure visitors and staff park in appropriate locations
- Manage crowd controller and traffic control
- Transporting office employees between parking locations.
- Preparing incident and daily operating reports
- Monitoring and responding to building intrusion detection systems
- Monitoring cameras, alarms and fire detection equipment
- Responding as necessary to support other life safety duties and standard operating procedures
- Gather data regarding incident types encountered by guards
- Consult on strategies to reducing real and perceived security exposures
- Other specific tasks as requested
- Sign in and sign out all visitors in the Visitors Spreadsheet log and issue identification badges
- Conduct periodic patrols inside and outside the buildings
- Deter and report unauthorized personnel in or around the facilities
- Provide intrusion and fire alarm monitoring and respond
- Visually inspecting all facility safety equipment including fire extinguishers, fire rated doors, AED, etc.
- Prevent the occurrence of fires, explosions, collapses and other catastrophes and assist in minimizing the effects thereof and restoring area to a safe condition.
- Safeguard and deter the commission of crimes against persons and property and summon the appropriate response forces and assisting response forces when necessary.
- Respond to and investigate all smoke and fire alarm conditions and any other indications of suspicious activities within assigned areas.
- Maintain the scene of an incident or crime to protect evidence in accordance with established professional procedures.
- Accompany staff after dark to their vehicles, when requested.
- Check all floors as staff and janitorial personnel leave for the day to insure lights and any other electrical units are safely turned off, when requested.
- Report all potentially hazardous conditions and items in need of repair, including inoperative lights, leaky faucets, toilet stoppages, broken or slippery floor surfaces, and other safety-related hazards to site personnel.
- Strive to maintain order with assigned areas consistent with security guard straining and equipment so as not to unreasonably endanger property and/or persons.
- Ability to read, speak, understand and write the English language in order to accurately report emergencies to 911, write required reports, participate in required training, review and understand post orders as well as read and understand all posted warnings at facilities regarding potential hazards and related safety instructions.
- Ability to operate 2-way radio device and any other communication equipment
- Operate 4-person electric cart
- Successfully pass a criminal background check that requires a fingerprint examination conducted by the California Department of Justice prior to being assigned to any facility.
- Successfully pass a drug test with a panel screen that includes testing of urine samples for marijuana, amphetamines, methamphetamines, cocaine and opiates prior to being assigned to any facility.
- Undergo training for specific post duties, emergency procedures and the operation of on site security systems
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Minimum of 12 months experience as a guard, verifiable via BSIS licensing and/or employment records.
Licensing, Permits & Certifications:
- Permanent Guard Registration Card issued by the California Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) which allows to be employed by a licensed agency for a two-year period.
- Must have valid identification that includes a Class “C” drivers license, State or Federal Identification card, or Valid Passport
- Certified in First Aid
- Certified in CPR
- Certified in AED
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (Crisis Prevention Institute) on how to manage disruptive individuals
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Be able to physically stand and walk for long periods of time
Inter-Con is passionate about hiring veterans. In fact, we’ve hired thousands of veterans over the years and plan to keep hiring as many as we can. If you are veteran in search of a rewarding career among a team that holds an affinity for those who served as well as values your success and growth within our organization, please take a moment to review our website for all our extensive opportunities. Visit www.icsecurity.com/careers/.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please review the Privacy Notice for California Residents found in Section 10 of our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Unarmed Security Officer PT which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
- Security Systems
- Alarm Devices
- Access Controls
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Emergency Handling
- Fire Alarm Systems