To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
QA Technician 2nd Shift
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. • Columbus, GA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Monitors the production process and product by sensory, weight control, and analytical methods to maintain product consistency and comply with established specifications including color, moisture, pH, weight, size, etc.
- Evaluates all finished product in regards to moisture, ingredient content, breakage, color, package fill, raw and finished weights, seal integrity, code date legibility, and overall product quality.
- Accurately performs and documents all testing. Testing may include: Inspection and testing of incoming raw materials, in process products, finished goods, and products produced by outside suppliers. Utilizes testing equipment for validation and/ or calibration.
- Communicates all out-of-compliance situations and product standards to production employees and Production/QA Supervisors.
- Practices and adheres to safety and hygiene guidelines for safe house keeping and personal protection. Keeps all work areas clean, stores laboratory supplies in designated areas, keeps benches and aisles clear. Strictly adheres to safety procedures when handling chemicals for testing. Follows instructions for safe lifting.
- Executes the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan included in the SQF Program at the front line level.
- Monitors the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan effectiveness and conformance with SQF system requirements
- Identifies, investigates and/or determines whether out-of-compliance finished product should be placed on hold.
- Coordinates disposition and/or rework with leadership approval.
- Monitors raw materials storage area locations and complete shift tailings. Notifies appropriate personnel with any abnormal findings.
- Monitors metal detection validation & verification.
- Audits allergen maintenance repair sheets and operator forms.
- Conducts pre-op inspections of processing, packaging and mixing equipment after product changeovers and/or prior to weekly production start-up as a cross-functional team.
- Performs plant sanitation verifications to ensure allergen free and equipment is clean. If applicable may participate in Kleanz or respective program.
- Mandatory overtime is required.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to pass basic math skills test.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and have proficiency in word processing (Microsoft Word) and Excel.
- Problem solving skills along with the ability to influence other business units.
- Ability to use quality assessment tools which may include calipers and scales.
High School Diploma or GED required; a minimum of 1 year of food manufacturing production/QA experience is preferred.