A non-sworn uniformed position with the responsibility of parking enforcement, traffic direction and control, vehicle searches, personnel searches and screening, escorting vendors, contractor and character vehicles on the AOA and provides assistance to the airport community in dissemination of information and directions. The Public Safety Assistant also performs security queue management and oversight, and acts as a public liaison for direction, control, and flow in coordination with KCAB, air carriers, and the Transportation Security Administration.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department, to include, but not limited to, working different shift assignments;
- Directs traffic flow in front of the terminal buildings, concourses, and other areas as assigned.
- Enforces parking regulations by ensuring no vehicles are unattended during heightened security and when necessary, issues citations to vehicles in violation of parking restrictions.
- Supports the Airport Master Security Plan.
- Performs security inspections on vendor delivery on the A.O.A. while escorting vendors, contractor and charter vehicles. Conducting searches on vehicles and persons.
- Directs customer flow up to TSA ticket document check (TDC) positions and other areas as assigned.
- Monitors and adjusts queue lanes as necessary based on customer volume and flow to minimize wait times maximizing the customer experience through security checkpoints.
- Acts as a Customer Service Representative by assisting the public with answering questions and giving directions.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and related work experience in law enforcement, security, airport, military and or customer service with direct contact with customers; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Valid Drivers license.
- Proper identification as prescribed by Kenton County Airport Board;
- Vehicle searches;
- Customer service.
- Clearly and effectively communicating both orally and in writing;
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups;
- Demonstrated skill in safety operating a vehicle and ramp driving access.
- Demonstrated skill in use of hand held metal detector.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, driving, and seeing. Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force to move objects.
The Kenton County Airport Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.