To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Technical Manager Power Distribution & Energy
American Axle & Manufacturing • Detroit, MI
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Technical Manager Power Distribution & Energy
Responsibilities include the development and implementation of energy products which reduce consumption of energy in a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will work in a lean, fast-paced and rewarding work environment and focus on activities concerned with optimal energy and power usage across the organization. He/she will have the support and encouragement for developing a great career and achieving exceptional performance to help AAM reach its goals.
- Knowledge of low and medium voltage power distribution including transformers, switchgear, and breaker operation, design and maintenance.
- Design and coordinate maintenance of electrical utilities and associated power distribution equipment
- Power system and power quality analysis to include bonding and grounding
- Manage construction projects by in-house associates and trades
- Ensure compliance with Government, State, and Local regulations and codes
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Medium level of interpersonal skills to work with others
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Experience in the development and implementation of energy projects which reduce consumption of energy to goals in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proficient in power monitoring software such as Powerlogic, and Siemens Access.
- Extensive travel to local, out of state and international sites
- Comply with special projects and assignments that are not necessarily within the normal realm of responsibility
- Reading one line Diagram
- Perform pay back analysis
- Competency in Power analysis software
- Competency in Power monitoring software
- Knowledge of electrical wiring
- Microsoft office knowledge (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- National Electrical Code
- 7-10 years relevant experience
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.