To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ridgefield, WA 98642
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Facility Safety Specialist
United Natural Foods, Inc. • Ridgefield, WA
Posted 1 month ago
The Facility Safety Specialist, reporting to the Facility Safety Manager, is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Warehouse, Transportation and Food Safety programs in the Distribution Center. Responsibilities include instituting proactive measures to prevent or reduce the potential for loss, the safety training program at the DC level to ensure consistent approach and will create safety training programs and then train supervisors/managers in it.
The Facility Safety Specialist is a national resource placed in the DC to provide day-to-day compliance of operations in regards to their safety/risk programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Partner with the FSM to manage the national safety training programs throughout UNFI’s distribution centers.
- Facilitate and manage safety committee meetings for Warehouse, Food and Transportation Safety.
- Deliver new hire safety training programs for Warehouse, Transportation and Food Safety.
- Partner with the transportation department to ensure compliance with driver qualification files.
- Manage the coordination of incident investigations and ensure all incidents (no matter how small) get reported and investigated along with recommendations tracked until completion.
- Investigate all accidents, establish root cause and initiate preventative control measures to limit occurrences.
- Establish preventative control measures.
- Monitor and audit documentation processes for Food Safety.
- Monitor and audit OSHA programs to ensure compliance at all Distribution Centers.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- S. or B.S. in Safety or Science/Engineering
- HACCP Certification
- Experience can be substituted for education
- 0 to 3 years in administering safety programs within a DC or manufacturing site
- Experience in WC, AL and GL claims
- System Implementation Preferred
- Some Background in warehouse/distribution safety
- Familiarity of OSHA, DOT, EPA & FDA
- Training and coaching skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel