At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means 40% of the energy that SDG&E delivers to customers comes from renewable sources, exceeding California's Renewable Portfolio Standard. We are modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region's infrastructure for generations to come. Learn more about our commitment to delivering clean, safe and reliable energy HERE.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America's best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry's most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region's largest employers, we're always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
The Clean Transportation Reporting Project Manager serves as the primary lead for managing the development of reporting and analytics strategy mandated for Clean Transportation projects. This position is also responsible for leading the development of strategic reporting and analysis and data communication documents in support of Clean Transportation special projects. This position is critical to support one of SDG&E's strategic growth areas representing Clean Transportation programs and initiatives within SDG&E to ensure that a Company coordinated, forward-looking approach is used in the development and managing of programs, events, products and services, and ensure their successful implementation in order to deliver and support a positive customer experience.
May provide direction to a small group of direct reports (09504, 15429).
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Leads team to manage initiation, planning, execution, and delivery of Clean Transportation reporting requirements. Owns project timelines for SDG&E Clean Transportation reporting and analysis mandated by CPUC. Tracks project deliverables and manage scope changes. Creates detailed requirements documents/charters for data associated with clean transportation programs. Manages project communication to stakeholders, internal working teams, and regulatory agencies. Manages operational communication for external customers and internal employees. Creates Execution Plan for Stakeholder and Legal Signoff on projects as required. Monitors, tracks and controls outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables. Ensures data and analysis aligns with internal and regulatory strategy.
* Develops Clean Transportation market analysis processes and procedures. Communicates critical market updates to executive leadership to inform strategic decisions. Collaborates with other internal subject matter experts on market trends. Manages relationships with external research and market data publications to ensure robust understanding of market trends. Leads efforts related to studies, data gathering, or unique data analysis related for market forecasting and behavioral understanding.
* Leads reporting, analysis, and forecasting related to emissions impacts (e.g., Greenhouse Gas and criteria pollutants). Testifies before and/or prepare supporting documentation for CPUC and other government agencies concerning emissions impacts. Coordinates cross functional modeling and forecasting efforts to evaluate emissions requirements mandated by legislative and regulatory stakeholders. Communicates key aspects of modeling and forecasting to executive leadership to inform advocacy and strategic priorities.
* Collaborates with internal resources and organizations to develop sustainable reporting procedures in alignment with education and outreach program, such as media relations, employee communications, customer programs and communications, community relations and pricing plan team. Develops processes to optimize external messaging and executive talking points. Understands impact of Clean Transportation across the organization.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, Communications, Engineering or equivalent.
* 8 years Project management or related experience.
* Strong project management and organizational skills (deadline oriented) is required.
* Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of a project to the Company.
* Must possess the ability to review complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
* An MBA or advanced degree is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled