Element has an opportunity for a General Manager - Industrials. In this role you will be reporting to the Division Director and be responsible for all Element business operations and processes within the assigned location (profit and loss).
Salary: Min Starting $110K/yr + Bonus Structure
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible and accountable to drive and deliver to annual Operational Plan commitments including: revenues, profit, working capital and operational performance
- Responsible to work with location support functions and systems including QA, Safety and Health, Sales and Strategic Accounts, Finance, Human resources, Business Improvement, and Service Excellence
- Develop and execute short and long term business plans and strategies to include operational goals, equipment needs, and staffing for the location
- Work in conjunction long term group goals, develop and implement strategies based on geographic business industry knowledge, technical capability and expertise, and capital expenditures needs
Maintain contact and relationships with top location accounts in line with policies, and participate as necessary to cultivate new accounts
- Provide managerial guidance to staff on reporting needs and requirements
- Prepare and submit accurate forecasts as required, maintain acceptable levels of working capital, and determine and execute on corrective actions necessary to achieve plan goals
- Provide positive leadership and representation of Element to the public, customers, vendors, and to all employees through membership in professional organizations, serving on Company Task Forces, conducting employee meetings and visiting work areas
- A bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited 4-year college or university in an engineering or technical-related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years related experience managing an enterprise with at least 25 employees with 3-6 subordinate exempt level managers / supervisors over multiple shifts
- Understands that all functions within the lab fall under his / her direct purview
- Technical leadership is vital to the production and operation of assigned tests and to the overall operation of the entire lab
- Must possess a strong ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively with clients and colleagues with great attention to detail and timing of results
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to effectively establish and maintain two-way communications to understand the needs and concerns of all departments
- Ability to deeply analyze and resolve operational, finance and other significant business issues on a daily basis
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Performance Management
- Conflict Resolution