Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.Job Summary
The Prisma Health Physician is responsible for the provision of quality medical services to patients of Prisma Health-University Medical GroupAccountabilities
- Depending on setting and specialty, provides surgical and/or non-surgical work-up, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to patients and families.
- Provides appropriate consultations, referrals and follow-up care based on patients' needs.
- Exercises sound medical judgment in all issues of health care.
- Orders studies, tests and ancillary services.
- Utilizes electronic medical records including CPOE.
- Consults with Medical Director, other physicians or mid-level providers as needed regarding patient care, assessment and education issues.
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education and other patient care programs established by hospital or clinical requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations.
- Upholds the standards of professionalism and remains dedicated to clinical excellence. Respects diversity and embodies the Palmetto Health Vision and Values.
Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of team members that may include final budget authority, hire/termination authority, performance appraisal responsibility and disciplinary authority. Job will be considered a member of management staff at Prisma Health Company or affiliate and will have direct reports.Minimum Requirements
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) from an accredited school required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Completion of Residency. Depending on site, setting or specialty, some years of experience may be required.Required Certifications/Registrations/Licenses
Board Certified or Board Eligible in area of specialty, licensed to practice in the state of South Carolina. BLS RequiredIn Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
N/AOther Required Skills and Experience
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures and techniques. Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in the treatment of patients. Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette required.Work Shift
Variable (United States of America)Location
Greer Medical CampusFacility
2237 Emergency MedicineDepartment
22371000 Emergency Medicine-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Doctor Of Medicine (Md)
- Professional Attitude