At ALSAC you do more than make a living; you make a difference.
We like people who are differentbecause we're different, too. As one of the world's most iconic and respected nonprofits, we know what it's like to stand out. That's why we're looking at you. Your background, perspective, and desire to make an impact set you apart. As we work to help St. Jude cure childhood cancer, we're calling on the game-changers, innovators and visionaries to join our family. Not just for the kids of St. Jude, but also for you. Because at ALSAC, we develop and celebrate our employees. So, bring your whole, authentic self and become part of our shared mission: Finding cures. Saving children.
As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America's top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Our summer program offers a 10 week fully immersed paid virtual experience. You will be assigned a day-to-day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
ALSAC Summer Intern Innovation Project: ALSAC was named No. 1 on Fast Company's 2020 list of Best Workplaces for Innovators. Throughout the internship, you will have a chance to connect with innovators from across ALSAC and use Design Thinking to solve for some of our most critical areas of opportunity. Interns will work in teams, be creative, and participate in weekly sessions preparing them to present their solutions to ALSAC's CEO and members of our Executive Leadership Team.
* Start Date: June 5, 2023
* End Date: August 12, 2023
* Hours: 40 hours a week (Monday-Friday)
* Pay Rate: Based on work location
* Work Location: Headquarters Office in Memphis, TN
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manager. Final candidates will be selected by April 1, 2023. For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern.
* A passion for our mission!
* Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
* Must be comfortable with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
* Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Actively participate in the Summer Intern Innovation Project through cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders and your assigned project.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
The Business Continuity & Resiliency team is responsible for empowering dynamic responses to ongoing disruptions through facilitation, governance and consultation in order to protect the organization and St. Jude brand. You'll be working hand in hand with the team as they advise departments across the organization while getting a view into multiple facets of ALSAC's business.
* Majors preferred: Business, Marketing, Emergency Management, Political Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Science.
* Experience working with Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, JIRA and Confluence.
* Projects include working with the team to update Business Impact Analysis, Continuity Plans, assisting with Champion exercises, and building out a team knowledge base.
* Tasks include making updates in our BC software (Castellan), calculating team metrics.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken), presentation skills, interpersonal savvy and executive presence.
Benefits & Perks
We're dedicated to ensuring children and their families have every opportunity to enjoy life's special moments. We're also committed to giving our staff excellent benefits so they can do the same.
* Core Medical Coverage: (low cost low deductible Medical, Dental, and Vison Insurance plans)
* 401K Retirement Plan with 7% Employer Contribution
* Exceptional Paid Time Off
* Maternity / Paternity Leave
* Infertility Treatment Program
* Adoption Assistance
* Education Assistance
* Enterprise Learning and Development
* And more
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC's Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.
No Search Firms:
ALSAC does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All resumes submitted by search firms to any ALSAC employee or ALSAC representative via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without being contacted and approved by our Employee Experience team and without a valid written search agreement in place will result in no fee being paid if a referred candidate is hired by ALSAC.
- Business Continuity Planning
- Business Informatics