Compensation (Range): $30-$35 / hour
If you are an experienced Cost Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Cost Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with ours client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a Cost Engineer will include:
- Best Cost at J1 Cost Coach is responsible to lead commodity team through the cost process on forward-model programs to establish cost targets.
- Cost Coach is primarily program management that facilitates the commodity team to help achieve the best possible cost target.
- The Cost Coach is an independent team member that provides process adherence that will generate a consistent high quality of data from the Email blocked - click to apply process.
As a Cost Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience with complex process management Team leadership skills and open communication/coaching mentality Proficiency in data management and analysis (Microsoft Excel, Access) Proficient in MS PowerPoint
- Proficient written & verbal communication skills Good conflict management skills Adept at working across organizational boundaries to accomplish tasks Motivation skills to drive teams to best-in-class performance
- 2+ years of experience in automotive industry or other in program management roles Demonstrated experience successfully working with and leading cross-functional and supplier teams.
- Engineering or Purchasing background and prior functional experience are a plus Desired experience in Program Management, Purchasing, Sourcing, Quote preparation and/or Cost Estimating preferred Well versed in Cost Processes (experience with target setting tools, Design-to-Target methodology, or familiarity with decision making process for trade-offs)
- Bachelor's engineering degree or equivalent
- Flexibility and can-do attitude please submit candidates at a bill rate needed for the requirements in this position even if over target.
As a Cost Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensate on, including benefits.
Available benefits for Cost Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: Cost, purchasing, sourcing,
Product Quality Assurance
Material Requirements Planning