To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chemist - QC Manufacturing
Pace Analytical • Chicago, IL
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for the safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally compliant operation of assigned area. Installs and implements instrumentation; maintains inventory status of reagents, equipment, etc.; performs standardization and calibration of equipment on a regular basis; maintains instrument and other laboratory equipment; keeps detailed records and maintains a clean, safe and orderly work environment. Supports RC14001 and ISO 9001 requirements.
NOTE: This is a shift position. The lab operates 24 x 7. Shift is on a 2-week cycle. Week 1: Candidates works Sun, W, Th. Week 2: Candidates works M, T, F, Sat. Candidate will work on either 6pm to 6:30am OR 6:00am to 6:30pm. 24 hours/7 week lab.Responsibilities
- Performing required analyses on samples
- Calculating batch adjustments and communicating these to production personnel
- Preparing and standardizing reagent solutions
- Inspecting all incoming and outgoing bulk shipments of finished products and raw materials
- Providing technical assistance and support to all plant operations
- May be responsible for performing routine maintenance and up-keep on assigned laboratory equipment and work areas
- May be responsible for calibration and associated record keeping of analytical equipment or other special projects as determined by the QA Manager
- May serve on the QIT (Quality Improvement Team), Step-teams, Quality Action Teams (QAT’s), or work with production and engineering or other QA personnel on Process Control Planning or Process Improvement Teams in efforts to achieve statistical process control and capability
- Works with other department and site employees to achieve and maintain ISO 9001 certification
- 50-100 different tests, candidate is responsible for their own work, day to day duties tend to be the same
- Will typically lift 0-40lbs
- Candidate will work on a team with 11 other analysts
- 75-100% of the day is spent walking, standing, lifting, twisting, bending with the candidate being mobile throughout the lab
- Working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation.
- Knowledge of basic “wet lab” techniques
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in a field of Science
- Experience in a manufacturing plant preferred